Omnibus Nano Analog Current Reading

I’d like to get a current reading from my Omnibus nano… I have an ESC that supports analog current…(the specs say it supports current over telemetry, but it does not! Yet another misleading claim by ESC manufacturers, urg…)
So, I think I’ve figured out how to add it… But I’m not set up for compiling arducopter.

I think we’ve got two options… The full size omnibus uses “Pin 11” which translates to ADC1-11, which is pin PC1 on the stm32f405.
That pin appears to be not connected to anything on the omnibus nano, so we could potentially run a little wire to it… But, that will be difficult and might not be reliable.
The other option, the smartaudio port on the nano PCB connects to pin PA2, which is ADC1-2, and is not used anywhere in the HWDEF for the nano.
So, unless I’m overlooking something, I think we could use the smartaudio port for analog current.
A couple lines need to be changed in the hwdef…

#adc
PC1 BAT_CURR_SENS ADC1 SCALE(1)
Needs to change to
PA2 BAT_CURR_SENS ADC1 SCALE(1)

and

define default battery setup

define HAL_BATT_CURR_PIN 11
needs to change to
define HAL_BATT_CURR_PIN 2

I see people are working on smartaudio support for arducopter, so maybe this isn’t the best idea in the long run… But personally I think a current reading is more important than smartaudio.

Anyone interested in making that change and building it for the nano for testing??