Obstacle avoidance with TF mini

@ppoirier
i did it, but still can arm it when i’m less than 0.6m and i saw only one time the message PreArm: Proximity %d deg, %4.2fm", (int)angle_deg, (double)distance)

There is no information that the obstacle avoidance is active.

thanks for the tips

A quick test of the avoidance, gave the smile. It works, successfuly stops at 2m from the pannel wich is a good thing.

Cool :slight_smile:
By the way , we should get the updated wiki showing the magic trick == CTRL-F to get the RADAR screen …

Yes, that would be cool. Or even better, make mission planner open the Radar automatically when loading parameters and seeing that prx is enabled.

Yeah it was like this before and has been removed because of to many complain about this ‘‘weird screen’’… from people not using the feature, but the wiki being outdated it creates lots of confusion (read frustration)

1 Like

Hello!

Please, advise… is their any full innformation about how to configure TFmini for object avoidance in ArduCopter?

Only found http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-benewake-tfmini-lidar.html for rangefinder.

One more question. I have bought TFmini lidars I2C version. And now I understand it still doesn’t have drivers for ArduCopter? IIC protocol Firmware Development Task for TFmini LiDAR sensor

You can look at proximity and avoidance wiki
No the I2C Driver is not written yet , you can ask for an update here

Hello
When I use TFmini it works normally when RNGFND_ORIENT=25,but it doesn’t work any more when RNGFND_ORIENT= other parameters.
Can you help me?

Have you activated the radar screen

Hello everyone
this is my first post , im glad to meet you
on the topic now . i have a TFmini with corect conections and setings and i cant get it to report distance
on the pc software of bakenwake i can see the distance displayed but not on the pixhawk .
ps i want to use it for obstical avoidence

any help would realy be apricated !

if you have a lidar not on i2c enter in software for benewake: 42 57 02 00 00 00 04 06

Hello,
You can start reading the wiki : http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/code-overview-object-avoidance.html

The native driver is now implemented in ArduPilot
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-benewake-tfmini-lidar.html

I have the message : PreArm: check proximity sensor

I use a TF mini connected in serial 4/5 on pixhawk (last firmware ARDUPILOT). It give the good value in MP.
I have configure an avoidance switch but i have always the message. Any ideas ?

My parameters
AVOID_MARGIN=2 : nombre de mètres devant l’obstacle (avec GPS)

[AVOID_DIST_MAX] =5 : nombre de mètres devant l’obstacle (sans GPS)

[AVOID_ANGLE_MAX] =1000 controls how far back the vehicle will lean away from the barrier (sans GPS)

SERIAL2_PROTOCOL = 9 (Lidar)

SERIAL2_BAUD = 115

RNGFND_TYPE = 8 (LightWareSerial)

RNGFND_SCALING = 1 coefficient d’echelle

RNGFND_MIN_CM = 30 : distance mini de lecture du capteur

RNGFND_MAX_CM = 600 : distance maxi de lecture du capteur

RNGFND_GNDCLEAR = 23 : (en cm, distance entre la tête du capteur et le sol)

RNGFND_ORIENF=25 : (orientation vers le bas)

PRX_TYPE=4 : type de capteur de proximité

PRX_YAW_CORE=0 : correction sur le yaw

In mission planner the sensor is on flight mode 1

CH7_OPT = 10 : switch channel 7 for proximity sensor

Bonjour,

Have you tried changing orientation as 25 (RNGFND_ORIENF=25 : (orientation vers le bas)) is used for altitude.

And then, you hit CTRL-F to get into the proximity ‘‘radar’’ screen.

Bonjour,
My application is to clean the roofs by drone so I need to maintain a constant altitude so a rise of 2 meters between the drone and the roof. Orientation as 25 is ok for my application but I have the message : PreArm: check proximity sensor. My TFmini is installed 23 cm up to the ground. Any suggestion ?

I think the error is : PRX_TYPE=4 : It need to stay to 0 ; i’ll try to fly this afternoon

Type 4 is for rangefinder

Line 47

Hey there!
I was looking for a low cost and effective rangefinder for obstacle avoidance for a drone. 4 at sides and one for altitude. Cost here is priority but effectiveness is also important.
Can anyone suggest rangefinder for this purpose.
I found tf luna interesting but found threads where it is giving issues with the performance of the drone.

Thanks
Shubham Thakur

Hey all.
curious if you want to use two TF-Mini’s do you need to set the addresses to different values and if so how. This is for I2C lidars.

cheers