OBAL - A Simple Linux-based Raspberry-Pi Ardupilot FCB

Sorry for long time no update. I would like to start the discussion again, hope you can help me

I did step by step as instructed. and when i run the command :

• sudo /home/pi/ardupilot/build/obal/bin/arduplane -A udp:192.168.137.1:14550

i get this error :

I try running i2c test “i2cdetect -y 1” and get this

Is there any way to fix this error?

This is the circuit board that i followed the instructions

Please make sure you are running the correct firmware. Download master from github and compile it.

I download the latest firmware version “Plane/stable-4.3.7/obal”

When running this command: “sudo /home/pi/arduplane1 -A udp:192.168.137.1:14550”
I got this message

However Raspberry pi can connect to Mission Planner

When I change the command line, the screen display is different “sudo /home/pi/arduplane1 -C udp:192.168.137.1:14550”

but now Mission Planner is not connecting to Raspberry pi

Did I enter the wrong command line?

Raspberry Pi is running the Raspbian buster operating system

please try master

Sorry about my stupidity, i restarted my laptop and ran the command again “sudo /home/pi/arduplane1 -C udp:192.168.137.1:14550”

I noticed Mission Planner found the Raspberry Pi and got the Obal board

Is this a sign of success?

1 Like

I am happy it worked with you.
kindly share with me the seller of the sensor as O have problems with some people now in getting non-fake sensors.

Thanks

@MHefny i was wondering why you decided to NOT use the Hardware PWM units on the raspberry for PWM creation, but instead create the PWM with a external chip?
There are 4 available on two row pinheader, which would fit quite well for a Quadcopter usecase: PWM at Raspberry Pi GPIO Pinout
There are more available if one plans to build a custom CM4 board.

UPDATE: its actually only 2 PWMs signals but on 4 pins.

Hi,
This scenario may fits but only for quadcopter, and may affect the ability to run ardupilot app itself because of handling this pwm.
my latest solution which is much better is https://medium.com/@mohammad.hefny/ardupilot-linux-based-system-stm32-as-a-breakout-module-part-2-5db4ce7cfe3e which uses a complete co-microprocessor to generate PWM and other ESC signals. It also enables using other boards rather than RPI, maybe Mango -I hope-.

Wow! Thanks for your work on this, this looks promising!

Why did you decide against using AP_IOMCU but instead used betaflight?

My solution is not final yet. It happened to be betaflight, but nothing is final yet.
Also I am not using the flight control system. I am selecting some libraries and building some.
Glad that you liked it.

1 Like