No UART communication after flashing 3.6 rc 9

Hello community,

Hey I am experiencing a problem after flashing AC 3.6 RC 9. I am currently developing a computer vision application where I use a Pixhawk mini and a companion computer called Nvidia Jetson Tx2 module (https://bit.ly/2N6L9p3). The way I transmit info between the Pixhawk and the Jetson is via the telemetry port. Up to AC 3.5.7, I can send and receive info to the jetson but after flashing the newer version AC 3.6 RC9, I haven’t been able to make it work. Is there any known issue related to the UART ports?

We did have a timing issue which @bugobliterator fixed a while ago.

It was ChibiOS-specific.

It’s possible this patch hasn’t made it into master yet.

Try 1500000 instead of 921600 and see if that fixes it?

Peterbarker, you’re the man!!! We’re back in business!

Thank you!

Hey Peterbarker,

I have another question.
We are also testing the Kakute f4 v2 as an additional option for a flight controller. The same UART problem/solution applies to that FC? or is there a different issue?

I can’t make it work, even with the suggested baud rate speed. Is the UART’s numbers mixed up?

I have another question.
We are also testing the Kakute f4 v2 as an additional option for a flight
controller. The same UART problem/solution applies to that FC? or is there a
different issue?

The same problem would have applied.

I can¢t make it work, even with the suggested baud rate speed. Is the UART¢s
numbers mixed up?

I’d suggest trying the lower baud rates.

Sorry - I don’t have a Kakute f4, so I can’t verify - I haven’t heard
of any issues, however.

1 Like

Yesterday upgraded to RC 9 and it seems like my FC is arming even though “all” pre-arm checks are enabled and there is no fix so arming should be denied.

FC: Holybro Pixhawk 4.

Am I missing anything?

What mode are you attempting to arm in?

Gal

Peter

1 Like

@RonaldMeza, I’ve added the fix for baudrate rounding into the Copter-3.6 branch, but I’d appreciate it if you could test it on your setup.
I’ve put a fmuv3 binary here:
http://uav.tridgell.net/RonaldMeza/copter-beta3.6-uart-fix-test1.apj
please test that at a variety of baudrates and let me know if it fixes the issue for you.
Cheers, Tridge