No data from drone with mavros

Hello you all

Maybe I’m making a mistake but I’m trying to use the sitl of arducopter via mavros. The sitl works fine, I’m using 4.1.3 version, there is not problem here. I installed ros2(foxy) with this tutorial and mavros via ros-foxy-mavros debian package.

I run mavros by this line /opt/ros/foxy/lib/mavros/mavros_node --ros-args -p fcu_url:=tcp://10.172.156.1:5762 and in the console of ardupilot you can see that create the connection. The problem is if I run this command ros2 topic echo /mavros/battery to cath the info from the battery, I cannot receive anything. It’s the same with some others topics of the telemetry.

Am I making a mistake? thank you in advance.

You need to first use the SET_MESSAGE_INTERVAL MAVLink messages to ask for the messages you want/need.

1 Like

Hi Amilcarlucas,

It seems that this param is no longer supported in Copter 4.3. What is worse, I cannot find REQUEST_MESSAGE, or REQUEST_DATA_STREAM at Requesting Data From The Autopilot — Dev documentation.

Do know what to do for Copter 4.3?

Set message interval is a mavlink message, not an ArduCopter Parameter and it never was.

Thanks Amilcarlucas.

I think I misunderstood the differences between Mavlink and Arducopter settings.

This is not a setting, nor a parameter. It is a message/command.