Newbie swimming up hill!

Have you configured your transmitter and the pix for failsafe already? Thats what it means. The pix is not happy with the way failsafe has been setup. Go to Failsafe in mission planner Initial setup. On the right side should be something like Always RTL enabled along with a PWM value. Failsafe will be activated if any value on the left hand side (with the green bars, probably) falls below a certain value (the value to the right)

You should check how to prepare youre transmitter/receiver for failsafe mode. For example my Taranis receiver is set to stop sending anything to the pix in case it loses signal. When I connect to MP and look at Failsafe tab I can see my throttle channel at some value above 1000 something. When I turn of my transmitter it drops below 900. So my Failsafe value is 900. But watch for other channels not just dropping below that too just by flipping a switch.

this is from the wiki instructions:
Adjust the FS Pwm field to be:
at least 10 pwm higher than your Channel 3′s pwm value when your transmitter is off
at least 10 lower than your channel 3′s pwm value when your transmitter is on
above 910

I thought I did that? I’ll check it out in the morning…ZZZzzzzzzz…

OK, My Taranis Plus FS is set to No Pulses.

But my setting for the Pix were the wrong way round…

Now…

In MP, The Fail Safe settings are:-

When my radio is OFF, my CH3 PWM sits at 874 and ON it’s at 982 I have the FS set at 950…

And now I have a blue light… :smiley:

AHA :smiley: hope you get off the ground now! not like me always slaming into the soil hehe

Speaking of slamming into the soil…

I powered it up with the props on and (holding it down) I gave it some throttle and it just wants to pitch forward??? after about 20% throttle, it’s flat??? Like it has no more power to give???

Any ideas???

Plus it acts a little strange… non linear throttle, not predictable???

Check the THR_MAX parameter in the parameters list. Should be set to 1000 or something. Once I had that set to 30 by default and wondered why I never got power to the motors. Don´t forget to hit Write Parameters after changing.

If that does not help calibrate RC again.

And for the pitching … well I´m still trying to solve this issue on mine :wink:

[quote=“summX”]Check the THR_MAX parameter in the parameters list. Should be set to 1000 or something. Once I had that set to 30 by default and wondered why I never got power to the motors. Don´t forget to hit Write Parameters after changing.

If that does not help calibrate RC again.

And for the pitching … well I´m still trying to solve this issue on mine :wink:[/quote]

Is that in MP? I’ve not seen it?

It’s ok, I found it and set it anyway, now it wont arm and is asking for a 3d fix???
Didn’t want that before???

OMG! So, I found a function in the Parameters list to turn off the GPS request (I know, Not the way to do it) but, now I know it’s there, I can turn it back on… I just don’t know how it got there in the first place?

Anyway, the “OMG” was about the power now!!! F*£K! This thing is gonna be strong!!! :astonished:
I hit one click one the stick and it was almost wanting to lift! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

As it is it weighs in at 3.745Kg, Is that a good weight???

I do think it’s going to pull some amps though… I might have to re-think the motor choice…

Asking for a 3dfix means you don’t have enough satellites detected or the hdop is too high, usually happens when you’re indoors.

Are you arming/testing in Stabilise or another flight mode? Didn’t think Stabilise would need a gps fix in order to arm.

[quote=“MarkM”]Asking for a 3dfix means you don’t have enough satellites detected or the hdop is too high, usually happens when you’re indoors.

Are you arming/testing in Stabilise or another flight mode? Didn’t think Stabilise would need a gps fix in order to arm.[/quote]

I am testing indoors and it does happen in other modes too but I found the param’ and turned it off for now.
My first mode is Stabilise… I’m just confused why it’s asking for gps all of a sudden???

Anyway… I’m still waiting for a few parts but it’s not long 'til this thing is off the ground!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I found the reason for no GPS…
The ground wire for the GPS unit and come out of the plug and the barb on the pin has broken off!
I’m just gonna glue it in place for now but the cable is a little short for my liking anyway so I’ll change that later…