New LiDAR sensor Benewake TF02-Pro TFmini-S TF-Luna for drones UAV

you cannot define a vetronite as a pcb.
Emi shield is usually use for gps modules…, rf modules etc.

I use this copper “vetronite” to make PCBs.

no need shield. it, but you can try use can bus protocol for it, you need a can node

Can I use multiple TF-Luna for multirotor with pixhawk. If yes the how do I connect them on pixhawk?

Thanks!

well, you can wire it on i2c or UART.
On i2c you cannot use the same i2c address coz will have conflicts, you need assigne different address for each sensor… will be the same procedure if you will interface an Arduino board

Hello sir, I am also using CUAV v5+ with tf-02 pro lidar, the problem is that I have an IIC version and I am unable to connect it to my FC using mission planner, can you please help me out.

I have a question for you, I am using CUAV v5+ with tf-02 pro lidar, the problem is that I have an IIC version and I am unable to connect it to my FC using mission planner, can you please help me out. I have search a lot for tutorials but the available one are with old pixhawk while I have CUAV v5+, any help is very much appreciated.

i2c data of TFmini is quite as TF02 Pro (when looking both user manual).

There is no driver (?) for i2c TF02 Pro but there is one for i2c TFmini. You could try to set RNGFNDx_TYPE to 25 and look at the result.

If no success, ask Benewake support.

Good day, benewake tf 02 pro have an hybrid system, it’s also UART.

Thanks alot sir for your reply, I’ll try that and share the result here.
Thank you.

yes sir it was uart by default then I though that it is easy to connect lidar via i2c, so I convert the transmission protocol by using BENEWAKE serial monitor utility, but then I was unable to communicate lidar with CUAV v5+.
If I convert it back to UART then how should i connect it to v5+?

well, better use an alternative power source for lidars… rf modules… etc.
for serial connection you must use a serial on your fc… telemetry 1 or 2, just check the correct pinout of the serial on the fc… and reverse the connection of the tf 02 on it.
Rx to tx of the telemetry… tx on rx of the telemetry, gnd to gnd and 5v to the alternative power source

Does TF-Luna need configuration in order to work with Ardupilot via serial? If I connect to it Via FTDI using the Benewake software I can see that it is working as expected, but I cannot get it to work with Ardupilot at all. I have tried rangefinder type 20 and 25 with no luck. I have even tried multiple FCs, and I get nothing at all in the Status window for rangefinder/sonar.

I’ve also updated to the Benewake firmware further up in this thread. I’m really baffled.

Good day, you can use it on i2c or can node

Unfortunately the FC I’m using has neither CAN not I2c. Does this mean it does not work over serial?

Tf luna can work also on a UART coz pinout its hybrid.
what kind of fc are you using?

I’m using an iFlight Beast F7. I’ve gone through the Benewake wiki entry a few times and I have never gotten the TF-Luna to work with Ardu yet.

well, if you have a gps that support also i2c you can share it with the lidar, ive done a test with luna on my fc wiring it on uart… it works properly

Can you share your params? Maybe I am skipping some crucial step. Did you adjust any settings on the TF-Luna at all?

i don’t have adjust any parameter with the serial board.
5v Powered with an alternative power source… reverse TX - RX… and RX with TX… GND with GND