Servers by jDrones

Need help in radio caibration

(Edoardo De Nicola) #1

Hello , i’m new to the hobby and forum, and trying to calibrate my radio with mission planner on initial setup. It’s the first build i am into and I cannot understand why , but reveiver and transmitter (fly sky FSI6 and FS IA6B) seem bined, as on the receiver I have steady red light.(Also tried re binding again just to be sure). So power arrives to receiver and it seemes binded as I also see battery status of the receveir on the transmitter.
However when I open radio calibration the bars are not green but simply gray, and even if I press radio calibration and move the sticks nothing changes.

Hope someone can help me,
thanks in advance :slight_smile:

(Dave) #2

Which Flight Controller do you have and how do you have the receiver connected to it?

(Edoardo De Nicola) #3

Hello I am using a Pixhawk ( the grey model ) and the receiver is connected to the Pixhawk, with a 3 pin cable.
It should be plugged correctly because the receiver receives power , but apparently Pixhawk doesn’t receive signal.

Thanks again

I’ve also sent some pictures that show wiring on the receiver and on the autopilot.

(Dave) #4

Those are terrible photos. PPM channel out of the Receiver to RCIN on the Pixhawk? Is PPM mode set on Transmitter?

(Edoardo De Nicola) #5

Sorry for the photos quality but it seems my phone’s camera is having an issue today.
Yes PPM channel out the receiver to RCIN on Pixhawk.

I didn’t set anything on the transmitter , but shouldn’t it come set like this by fabric options?

Thanks again

(Hari .P) #6
(Dave) #7

It’s probably set for PWM as default.

(Edoardo De Nicola) #8

Ok thanks a lot to both of you I solved the problem and it was because the transmitter was set by default to PWM.

You’ve been great help

Happy flying to everyone :blush::upside_down_face: