I have the mRo unit plugged into the Navio’s UART port, which seems to require the GPS enabled on Serial4 in MP. I have set the baud in MP and uCenter to 57600, set the GPS type to AUTO, ublox, and NMEA at different times, all to no avail. I then edited the Navio’s etc/default/arducopter file to include TELEM3=“-E /dev/ttyAMA0”, modified the existing (and commented out) TELEM2=“-C /dev/ttyAMA0” to TELEM2=“-E /dev/ttyAMA0”, and no dice.
I’ve tried flipping TX and RX, multiple baud rates, multiple GPS protocols, and all have come up short.
I am simultaneously running UAVCast, and Arduplane 4.0.5
Thank you again. I followed your steps for updating Arduplane from another thread, so cheers for that!
I’m afraid the issue persists. I just now thought to plug in the external GPS after boot, and it doesn’t appear to grab. The internal, however, shows just fine. Is it possible my default/arducopter isn’t correlating? I presume I need to edit that instead of default/arduplane?
Here’s the output of plugging in after boot, top pane included to prove APM 4.3.1:
I later swapped to a different uBlox based GPS and have the same issues. It appears I can’t switch off the internal GPS, and/or cannot connect an additional.
To further eliminate variables, I just created a fresh Navio install and started from scratch to rule out UAVCast, same problem. Surely the board can’t be defective, but I don’t know where the discrepancy lies between our setups. Is it possible for you to send me a config file and some details on your second GPS?
Alright I invoked some interesting behavior. I disabled GPS1 type and left GPS2 active on Serial3 at 230 and GPS type set to 2 (ublox). Upon reboot, I finally have two GPS statuses in the HUD, but it only detects GPS 2 now, and it’s unclear if that’s the external or internal because both are ublox. I went back and once again set GPS1 to 2 and it made the GPS2 in the HUD disappear.
This is the first time I even noticed them, so I decided to enable the GPIO for the first GPS, and sure enough it worked. The reason I’m confused about this is because I did a fresh install of Navio without UAVCast and had the same problem we’ve been fighting.
Regardless, thank you so much for your help, @mlebret, as your config and constant feedback probably got me to the point where the launch option even became a solution. Many cheers and happy flying!