Nanoradar mr72 obstacle avoidance sensor

hi everyone
does anyone have a documentation on how to connect the mr72 to the cuav x7+ and set the necessary parameters?
I followed mr72’s documentation but it didn’t work.
also I do same as Application of TF03 CAN in PixHawk (ArduPilot Firmware) but again it didn’t work.

We need details!
What did not work?
How did you connect to it?
How did you configure it?
How are we supposed to guess what you did wrong?

We do not officially support MR72. I think Nanoradar has a firmware for MR72 which lets you use it as a sensor we have a driver for. You’ll need to get support from Nano radar if using that firmware.

I connect the mr72 to TELEM2. vcc to vcc, gnd to gnd, rx(mr72) to tx(x7+) and tx(mr72) to rx(x7+).
after the connection, I connect the x7+ to computer and open mission planner. I go to full parameter list and set the following parameters:

SERIAL2_BAUD=115
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL=11
PRX_TYPE=3
AVOID_ANGLE_MAX=1000
AVOID_BEHAVE=1
AVOID_MARGIN=3
AVOID_DIST_MAX=10

then I write params and reboot my controller. next I press ctrl+f to open temp window and click on proximity button. a window will open, but there is no distance displayed in it and it is not like the picture below
this is my problem

thank you for helping me :pray:

so I have to use this firmware to be able to use the sensor?
can you tell me how should I do it?
without this firmware, the sensor will not work?

Yes, but that special firmware is not provided by ArduPilot. It is provided by the hardware vendor, contact them.

I see
how can I download the firmware by searching on google? what is the name of this firmware?

Ask the Nanoradar MR72 distribuitor, vendor and/or manufacturer.

1 Like

ok. thank you for your help :raising_hand_man:t2:

Hi, any luck on getting the firmware?

Hi, also from my side.
Did you get the firmware?

@rishabsingh3003 do you happen to still have the firmware with you? or do you know someone who does? Unfortunately, the manufacturer has not responded to my inquiries or that of my local vendor for a while now.

Thank you in advance!