My 1st Rover Project

Hey Kenny. I hope you are well. I have sorted out the video please have a look. Also regarding the LED’s I tried using the pins only for the Here2 but it kept picking it up so I removed it completely. Now I just use QGroundControl on my iPhone to see if a decent amount of satellites are detected before I start the auto mission

Looks like it is working well! What is that plate type thing it is carrying? I guess I don’t remember (or never knew) what your robot’s purpose is.

3 Likes

Love it. Pretty awesome idea.

1 Like

Thank you Vincent.
Because I’ve been metal detecting for a few years I thought I would make my first project in robotics be related to my hobby. It works well and I have tested it in my garden. Unfortunately due to the lockdown in London I haven’t taken it out for a real trial. When I do I will post everything here and YouTube for you guys to check out.

That is way cool!!! And congratulations again!

Thank you Kenny. I hope your AutoMower is keeping well. While you sit back, Have a cold beer and watch your AutoMower cut the grass I’m looking forward to doing the same except mine will show me all those sweet spots to dig up and hopefully find some coins!

Due to London being in lockdown at the moment I am unable to take my rover out for a decent trial run except in my garden which is very small unlike your beautiful land. When I do take it out I will post a video

Kenny I just checked out your upload on YouTube regarding the AutoMower not sticking to the waypoint tightly.
My rover was doing the same and after I made the following adjustments I was able to get it to follow the mission as picture above.

I changed the basic tuning section with:

LAT ACC CNTR PERIOID = 3.0 - 4.0
and changed LAT ACC CNTR DAMP = 0.80.

Before doing this it wasn’t sticking to the lines but after this it was dead on.

It had nothing to do with the anything else once I changed these two values the rover became accurate with waypoint missions

Please try these settings and let me know how you get on👍🏼

Indeed, very nice work Mus! It’s great to see practical application for Rovers. Mine is best at annoying the local dogs :grinning:

2 Likes