Multirotor suddenly becomes unstable after tuning and mission flight

I made a multirotor running on copter 4.5.1 and Pixhawk Cube Orange Plus. After complete setup of the drone with autotune on all axes, it was flying well. Post this, I sent it to a survey mission where it flew well until the rtl when it started oscillating violently during the final landing phase. Since then, the drone has been violently oscillating in every flight modes. I repeated everything on a different cube orange plus and it shows the same behaviour.
Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

You can only do an autotune under certain conditions.

And it requires some preparations and configurations to be done first.

Without that it will not work and can cause the results you are seeing.

You do not provide a .bin log file, so that’s all I can say now.

To tune it properly and avoid all the problems, use ArduPilot Methodic Configurator software . And read the documentation before performing each step.

Before the autotune process:

1. I did the initial setup, calibrations, hover learn and preliminary test flights in stabilized and altitude hold modes.
  2. I tried tuning the notch filters using in-flight FFT. But, the In-flight FFT did not change any parameters even after multiple tries. So I ultimately skipped this step. Please note that this FFT step was successful on the first flight controller.
  3. Did the quicktune process and attained acceptable levels of tune.
  4. Proceeded with the autotune process on all axes in Position hold mode.
  5. Went for a small survey mission.

The violent oscillations started in the landing phase of this mission flight. Will send the .tlog or .bin files as soon as I get them.