MSP protocol support

Hey guys,have a look on Ian’s you tube channel Mad Techs there is a video of this working,thank you Ian,you and Alex are stars ye he

3 Likes

I would like to try on my reliable 7” quad which uses the Matek F405 std board. I see somebody has already requested a build for this target? Could somebody direct me to where I can download? I assume I just load this specific version of arducopter? Sorry for The beginner questions.

Thanks, Rob.

this is the best behavior we want. speed display is ground or airspeed according to user config.

Robert,

The builds are here: https://github.com/yaapu/ardupilot/releases

Click the Asset link, and you will see the specific boards. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi, my friend send me a CLI Dump from Inav with DJI. He say me that ladder is moving.
Hope it help you.
Thanks for all your effort to have the best DJI conversion onboard.
Dump06.txt (29.3 KB)

Hi, thank you, inav osd config dump is different from betaflight hope to be able to extract some info anyway.

And the moving ledder is like a Bigfoot, I’ll believe it when I’ll see it with my own eyes :rofl:

how do i disable the ladder.
and yes it is raining here this morning :rofl:

i have set all osd features _en to 0 and still see the ladder and 0.0 m/s

How is this working out? I would like to use ArduPilot with my DJI FPV and have OSD, and was about to put an Ardruino Nano between the Air Unit and Flight Controller to convert the data to MSP, but should I just hold off on that and use this development branch instead?

Yes i think so
so far so good on a nano f4 v6 board. havnt flown it yet but working on the bench

Hi Alex, In D3ngit’s code djihdfpv_mavlink_to_msp_V2 for the Arduino, he had windspeed working, which is why I thought I would ask. I think he did something interesting, where he is cycling flight modes and wind speed /direction in the same “OSD widget”.

I find that with this code the OSD refreshes quite quicker than the Arduino code did. I have this firmware running on a cube black and two F405-wing, and have no issues. It seems to me everything is working perfectly.

Is there a way to disable the two ladders? Since they don’t really do anything at this time, I would like to disable them.

!st flight with dji osd on ardu nano goblin was great. home arrow distance to home ground speed sats enabled all worked as expected. Need to sort my rssi settings so it works and cover the barometer so it gives accurate reading but very happy.
its fantastic, would like to be able to disable the ladder and i know its probably not possible but the ability to record the vid with osd would be the cherry on top.
Thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much, I will report back on how it works on a well proven set up. I am also interested to see how ardupilot compares these days with iNav for a duration type set up. I have struggled getting the alt and home direction working correctly so hoping ardu is more stable.

Rob.

Hi Mark, thanks for testing this out, I’ll double check and add the missing parameters!

1 Like

Hi, the mav_to_msp code uses the 12 chars text I use for status text messages and flight modes to render wind speed and direction.

I believe full flight mode info and status text messages are more important than wind speed and that’s the reason it works this way in my code.

Edit: I can probably cycle wind speed myself, and give priority to status messages, I’m just afraid to turn it into a mess

1 Like

Mark, what was the 0.0 m/s you could not hide? vertical speed? ground speed?

Hi Alex
i have no idea what the 0.0 m/s is, i was hoping to work it out by disabling everything then adding back but it stayed there after disabling all osd items
Unfortunatley i did not take notice during my short flight to see what it was doing.

let me double check but pretty sure it was not ground speed. ill check now

ok i worked it out is is vertical speed
when enabled it moves to the x y position that is set
when disabled it moves to approx x 23 y 7 position (right hand side of the right ladder about in the middle

Vbatt also has this same issue enabled it goes where its meant to be disabled it sits top right of screen

The inability to hide the vspeed is most likely a bug in the dji firmware

The artificial horizon has 3 items, the vertical static bars (ladder) the horizon line and the crosshair. I’m not positive yet that it works in betaflight, I only have got reports it does not work, so next version will hide it as default