MSP protocol support

Some quick comments:
1/ As soon as ARM is activate, ‘acro’ is display. MSP_OSD_FMODE_EN = 0 solve this. Thanks for give me this info.
2/ MSP_OSD_UNITS = 1 works perfectly for metric units.
3/ when you cold start FC, there is naturally no GPS Sat Fix. Sat icon blink and display 14. I find this confusing. Then you have per example 7 sat and blink disappear which make sense.
Perhaps if possible display 0 sat when not fix is better (I know a lot of stuff are done in DJI but who knows)
4/ Roll and pitch values are correctly display but ladder doesn’t seem to move at all. Perhaps I miss something and it’s for altitude and speed ? But in Betaflight (MSP), I remenber it was moving according to roll and pitch.

1 Like

OK, so this confirms that it can be hidden and I need to check on my side, good.

ok, need to check better my code

Are you absolutely sure it works in betaflight? Can you doublecheck? Also if you get it working in betaflight I’d like the dump of your OSD positions, go to the cli in betaflight configurator and write “set osd” and copy the result and paste it here or in a PM.

1 Like

Ian do you ever sleep,can you do a video tutorial of setting this up please O pretty please

I have no working quad here so can’t check before many days (I am a plane arduplane guy since years, beta flight is an accident on my journey).
I will ask friend with dump if ok.

Here another screenshot.
I didn’t found anything buggies here. Congrats.

ps: I design this pan & tilt for DJI Air unit if pepole looking for this kind of stuff…https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4406503

sorry but I need more info on this issue:

with MSP_OSD_FMODE_EN = 1

• vehicle DISARMED the ACRO label is hidden (please confirm)
  • vehicle ARMED the ACRO label is visible

with MSP_OSD_FMODE_EN = 0

• vehicle DISARMED the ACRO label is hidden (please confirm)
  • vehicle ARMED the ACRO label is hidden
1 Like

This is awesome! Would it be possible to add wind speed and direction, along with throttle position?

1 Like

Hey Alex,

I have a Matek F405_STD board and would like to try out the Matek 3901-l0x on my 6” quad.

Thanks for the great work!

1 Like

Hi Todd, I added your board, looking forward for your feedback

1 Like

Hi, we have 2 ways to add custom info:

• override other items
  • use the the 12 chars text currently used for status text messages and text flight mode

unfortunately we can’t add new items, DJI has a fixed number of OSD widgets and we have no way to customize that behaviour :frowning:

1 Like

Hello, my comments inline Bold below

1 Like

I did extensive testing yesterday night with @MadRC and came to the conclusion I’ll simply hide the MSP_OSD_FMODE item.

When failsafe is triggered I will decorate the current flight mode text and flash it, I’ll add also simple and supersimple mode indicators, and perhaps other status indicators up to the 12 chars we have

• flight mode MANU
  • flight mode + simple/super simple MANU [S] or MANU [SS]
  • flight mode + failsafe failsafe MANU [FS] (flashing)
  • flight mode + failsafe + simple/supersimple mode MANU [FS|S] (flashing)
2 Likes

talking about airspeed, I was initially thinking to recycle(override) roll/pitch widgets but since they have the Pit and Rol prefixes they do not look right :-(.

So my next option is to allow to override groundspeed with airspeed, if MSP_OSD_ASPD_EN = 1 you loose MSD_OSD_GSPD and show airspeed instead of groundspeed, next version will behave this way

2 Likes

Question: can anybody confirm the artificial horizon works in betaflight + DJI FPV?

If it works can you attach the dump of the betaflight OSD configuration by going to the cli and running “set osd” ?

T H A N K S :slight_smile:

1 Like

On mine they do not work. I have just tried it again on BF on the bench and they are static.

1 Like

Thanks Ian, how about ESC temperature is it supported on betaflight?

1 Like

turns out this is a known DJI issue, it always shows 14 until a GPS fix

1 Like

@yaapu, I am intensely interested in working with you on this. I have a fixed-wing with a cube orange; do you mind building me some binaries to go fly with? I have a DJI TX, Goggles, and Air Unit ready for work!

EDIT: It appears you already have some builds; I just downloaded and will report back with my results!

4 Likes

LiDar works great on the bench. Unfortunately, my barometer is not working on the board, so I’ll have to replace it and try again.

2 Likes

Hi Alex , i have just flashed the board no problem. thats as far as ive got so far. sorry not very up with all this so not sure what you mean by apj or image flashes. might have to spell it out for me. Happy to help however i can.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes. It is working on my airbot nano f4 v6
serial1_protocol 30
serial1_baud 115
serial1_options 3 (invert rx invert tx)
so cool now to position osd features

i already had chibios loaded on this board so just did firmware upload through mission planner
connected dji white wire to tx1 and grey to rx1.

cant wait to test in the air. guaranteed it will rain in the morning now

Great work thankyou

2 Likes