MSP protocol support

Hello @yaapu,
could you please check this strange condition in Ardupilot’s MSP implementation for MSP_NAME message type: ardupilot/AP_MSP_Telem_Backend.cpp at Plane-4.1 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
I’m getting strange behavior - if I enable arduplane parameter OSD1_WIND_EN,1, flight mode (as 4 characters) and wind data is sent in MSP_NAME.
But if I disable parameter OSD1_WIND_EN,0, nothing is sent then on my environment (Omnibus F4 Pro board with stock ArduPlane 4.1.4), except of rolling text which disappears after some time.
In other words, I’m not able to receive current flight mode if OSD1_WIND_EN is disabled.
Thank you.
PS: I know, that you are not the author of that line :slight_smile:

Hi @_sobi , actually I’m the author of that line :slight_smile: and it’s a known bug fixed in latest master, could you please try latest master i.e. 4.2 and double check that fixes it?

Hello @yaapu - thanks for your work on this. I am interested in testing MSP support with my MATEK H743 build (currently running Arducopter 4.1.3-rc2. I’d appreciate it you could compile a binary. Thank you.

Hi, MSP is supported by stable 4.1, so no more need for custom builds

1 Like

Thanks… I noticed after I finished wiring up my air unit and powering up my goggles… :sunglasses:.

I am in the same boat as lachBAT. I muddled through a Tracker build a few years back, but I have lost those questionable skills. Is there any way I can easily access or build the firmware for Omnibus F4 Pro V2? I have tested Ocusync on the Pro with INAV and Betaflight to confirm the functionality of the DJI gear, but I want to get back to Arduplane, which is my comfort zone.

Hi
Is it possible to activate an external temperature sensor data to display as a dji osd widget?
I would like to check the air unit temperature along with external temmperature or currently no temp sensors supported besides blheli ESC temp?!
Thx

Partial Solution! Who would have thought there is a “Custom Firmware Builder” site? That site allowed me to build AP 4.3DEV. Here is the pointer for any any others interested in the builder site:

GitHub - ArduPilot/CustomBuild: Custom build server source)

Still can’t get my F4 Pro to recognise the Ocusync RE SBUS data, but I will keep poking sticks at it.

Fixedwing, Pixhawk 4, Arduplane, DJI v2 OSD issue.

Installed new airspeed sensor, enabled OSD_ARS_EN.

Ground speed and airspeed (m/s) display correctely in Misson Planner.

In the DJI googles airspeed is working but the units are m/h, as shown in this image from this forum.

The airspeed sensor has not been calibrated in flight yet.

Is there a setting to correct this unit issue or dose it clear once the plane is flying/calibration is done?

1 Like

Hope you’re all doing well!

I’m struggling to get telemetry to my DJI goggles on my Omnibus nano v6 “classic”.

I’ve successfully managed to get telemetry to my goggle while using a F405-Wing or a Pixracer; all running Plane 4.1.7, SERIAL1_PROTOCOL=33, OSD_TYPE=3 AND MSP_OPTIONS=0 and all using the same goggles

Using the exact same setup (software, config, goggles and air unit) on my Nano V6, serial/usart1, I don’t get any telemetry at all. I’ve tried to troubleshoot, double checked wires etc and no success

Any ideas of where to go next? Is the full MSP/ DJI code present on the standard Nano v6 plane firmware?

Cheers and thanks

@C.Young I would try activating “MSP Telemetry and MSP OSD” for OmnibusNanoV6 at https://custom.ardupilot.org and do a custom build. Even if you don’t trust dev/latest versions for flying, you could at least see if it makes any difference.

1 Like

Thanks for suggestion @UnknownPilot ; tried the custom build, no success/ no change. Will redo the wiring and see if that helps.

If anyone has managed to get the MSP / DJI FPV working with the omnibus nano V6 (original, not 6.x) please let me know!

Cheers

Cannot get Ocusync Air Unit to communicate with Omnibus F4 Pro V2 via SBUS, but MSP Telemetry via Serial 1 is OK.

Basic SBUS connectivity is fine with a Frsky XM+ Rx - Tried another F4 Pro V2 - Still no go - Tried F4 Pro with Serial1 configured for SBUS - No go - Changed every parameter I could think of - Still No Go -

Tried Pixhawk1 - Works fine - Has anybody used Ocusync SBUS on an Omnibus F4 Pro V2?

I found lots of comments online about the MSP setup, but almost nothing about SBUS connectivity. I am hoping there is an undocumented setting that is missing. I had the impression that the Stable versions of the firmware had this sorted.

Hi all,
I’m trying to get DJI OSD on my DJI FPV V1 with no success.
I’m using Mateksys H743-slim with Ardupilot V4.2.2, the Air unit RX is connected to FC TX4 and Air unit TX connected to FC RX4 (Serial 6 in Ardupilot)
OSD_TYPE = 3
SERIAL6_PROTOCOL = 33
MSP_OPTIONS = 0
SERIAL6_OPTIONS = 0
I can see the SERIAL6_BAUD changes after reboot to 115.
The DJI FPV custom OSD set to ON.

I’ll appreciate any help.

Thank you
Rotem

opa.
como voce conseguiu fazer o osd aparecer na tela com o DJI Air Unit?
estou tentando e nao tiive sucesso.
tenho uma Pixhawk ja fiz todos os procedimentos e nao consigo
obrigado

estou com uma pixhawk na ultima versao de FW mas nao consigo habilitar o OSD na tela com DJI air Unit e oculos FPV DJI

alguma dica?

obrigado

Hi all,

Found the problem, the two GND wires must be connected to FC ground pad.
Thank you
Rotem

@yaapu:

Hi Alex,

do you have info if the OSD is also displayed with HDZero? Or if MSP Canvas Mode is now supported?

I could use a little status on this … :wink:

I am toying with an MSP solution in micro python myself and wouldn’t mind taking a look at your experimental decoder source.

please excuse my very slow reply. The python decoder is part of the ArduPilot source tree, it’s here

1 Like