MSP protocol support

Thanks Colin! looking great, you can enable wind with MSP_OSD_WIND_EN = 1, and optionally hide ladders and cross with MSP_OSD_CROSS_EN=0 and MSP_OSD_HBARS_EN=0.

You were in failsafe as the !FS! is displayed next to the battery % bar,

yes it was in fail safe i did try other modes as well worked fine

1 Like

will do just in side making a coffee

I can happily say I’ve had this working on Plane with a cube orange for quite a few flights. By default I would suggest having airspeed on the middle left, altitude on the middle right and an artificial horizon. The rest is pretty great! Documentation on how to use single-wire would be nice, but considering everything else works, I can’t complain.

1 Like

Hi Nathan,
thanks for your feedback!

that’s the way it is as default in latest version except for artificial horizon which unfortunately is not supported by DJI firmware yet

One wire setup is easy, just SET MSP_OPTIONS = 1 and reboot (MSP_OPTIONS is a bitmask, bit 0 is EnableTelemetryMode, bit 1 is InvertWindDirection)

how come when we record with goggles there in no osd display on the recording ?
but if i use and analog module and plug it in to video in on the goggles it will record the osd ?

ask DJI :slight_smile:
the goggle save a subtitle file (I think is a .SRT file) to be played along the video offline with VLC that stores some telemetry data

It looks like Alex has been busy. Fantastic progress :).

Thanks Ian, having a test unit did help a lot :+1:

With DJI, the OSD is mixed to the image before it is output to the goggles (the OSD is created in/on the goggles). But the DVR sits in front of it and therefore doesn’t notice anything. With the analog input, the signal including the OSD comes directly from the plane, so it is also included in the recording.

Did a flight on v 0.6 last night and everything worked smoothly! Love the wind indicator!
Great Stuff!

1 Like

people, i need help.
I think I’m too stupid?
yaapu took a lot of time for me

I get an osd with a matek f405 ctr and betaflight.

but neither with ardupilot nor with inav can I get an osd?
got it with the air unit and the daddex vista

I have no idea why

Klaus I forgot you also had a dji unit, can you do a test with it?

this might be a clue, Ardupilot and iNAV use MSP_FC_VERSION 4.1.0 while Betaflight uses MSP_FC_VERSION 4.2.0.
I just tried and the DJI Air Unit with latest DJI firmware works just fine if Ardupilot sends 4.2.0, so next test to do is trying with an Ardupilot firmware that sends version 4.2.0…

Please Klaus try with this one:

sorry, i have the matek f405 ctr on the table.

the nano v6 is installed and I can’t get to the connections

sometimes in between, thanks for your patience :entspannt: :+1:

holding my breath…does it work?

I need the firmware for the matek f405 ctr

oops, which target MatekF405 or MatekF405-STD?