Motor not working, how to calibrate so that they will rotate at the same time

Hi i replaced one Hobbywing PLATINUM PRO 30Aopto no BEC 2-6s LiPo Usb supported, The problem the speed is no balance with the 5 motors already fixed,

The replaced motor rotate at almost 1/4 distance or 1/2 distance of throttle during take off or land.
The 5 motors rotate first at low speed , the other one rotate when i raise the throttle at higher speed.

Due to these problem i encounter a problem of take off and land especially in loiter and stabilize mode.

During landing the time the motor stops while the throttle position is half /center the drone will starts descending very faster.

How can i resolve this problem .

I COMPLETED AUTO PILOT PROPER PROBLEM IS ON LANDING THE DRONE. WHICH MODE COULD BE SAFE IN SITUATION LIKE THIS

YOUR ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Your ESC that has been replaced is not calibrated for throttle endpoints. Do a throttle calibration for the ESCs always if you are replacing them. ( Are all your escs identical.? same make same brand ? )

You can do it using the manual of the esc following the traditional beep counting or with Mission Planner ESC Calibration.

thank you Mr VANDAN RAO,

they 5 are identical has 3 wires to the receiver , the new has 2 wires to connect to the receiver . .PLATINUM PRO 30A the type is oky,

5 ESCs are the same and one is different?

I assume you are flying a hexacopter? with 6 propellers total?

You may run into issues using 5 similar ESCs and 1 different ESC.

Here is a link to the wiki about calibrating ESCs including a video:
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/esc-calibration.html

note that the flight controller used in the video is an old, retired APM board and the lights may behave differently.

REMOVE YOUR PROPS FIRST FOR SAFETY; the motors will spin.

@mtobata_benedict-

To add to what @ekliptiko posted, it is very important that you calibrate all escs using the “all at once method”. Here’s the video

After you’ve successfully calibrated the escs, CAREFULLY try to arm the copter and see if all motors start moving at about the same time.

On my current copter I replaced one of the four escs and despite multiple calibrations the replaced esc will NOT spin the motor at the same time as the others. So I’m going to replacing all four escs.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you . the are now spinning at the same time after arming

1 Like