More budget friendly cube orange alternative?

Yesterday I indicated there were zero issues configuring the Zealot. There was one : the preloaded 'Copter 4.2.2 for the FC came up with the safety switched armed, which isn’t good by me. Changing BRD_SAFETYENABLE from 0 → 1 fixes that. I note that I did immediately upgrade to 4.2.3 (before noting the button issue) as I wanted to insure the flashing process works…

I seriously considered Cube Orange, but couldn’t justify the price, don’t need ADSB, and the steady stream of CO issues reported on these pages…

Wondering if we should either rename this topic or start a specific H743 thread, as this discussion has morphed a bit from Daniel’s original post.

1 Like

I don’t think so. The processor and IMU suite is current spec. What’s outdated?

Just ordered a Zealot (Industrial) got it to replace an old pixhawk1 on a 960 hex, already have a couple cube oranges on a quadplane and larger quad. Excited to see how it compares! Can’t beat the price, plus was nice ordering from a Canadian supplier (Smart Fleet).

1 Like

Thanks for the order Ron. We are working with QioTek on upgrading the cable package included with the FC, so it’s taking a couple of days to ship. It should be going out soon! (with extra cables).

Thanks Tim ! Can’t wait :wink: Cheers

1 Like

Hi Tim, Is there any chance of getting the ‘enhanced’ cable kit? Guess I ordered too soon!
TU John

That’s an interesting question John, I’ll look into it.

Redundancy. Yes it was the gold standard for some years now but like all things, there will be better ones that comes.

1. redundancy in processing power
  2. redundancy in sensors
  3. Cuav even came with emi protection. Although i build my own.

These are important for a professional fc.

Personally i will stay very far from Cuav…, you can opt for Mro flight controllers but if you are looking a cheap alternative just check for zealot or holybro

1 Like

Stay tuned John. I think I may have something for you :sunglasses:

1 Like

HI Tim @timtuxworth , I’m tuned with a narrow bandpass filter. Thanks
for the update. John

Budget friendly? The topic of this thread.
Mro Control Zero H7-$392 maybe ships in 4-6wks
Mro PixRacer Pro-$349 maybe ships in 6-8wks
Mro Control Zero Classic-$349 unavailable.

I think you are posting in the wrong thread.

Hi there, I seem to have missed the wonderful discussion. We are developing an affordable FC different from the zealot series. Since our market location is set to provide local users with FC close to non-profit, we cannot rapidly expand the supply to meet the international market. I apologize for the difficulty for international users to buy our products. And we are also developing low-cost FC(not H7 level) to provide diversified products, Provide more learning opportunities for users in the third world. Because F4 is also sufficient for general applications, such as cloning Chinese chips, which will upgrade the chip’s main frequency and RAM, such FC can meet their requirements. I am here to thank you for your patronage and thanks to TIM’s help with us for free, he has built a platform for international customers to buy our product.

1 Like

The CUAV X7+ is functionally identical to the Cube Orange at a nearly identical price point. What extra redundancy or processing power does it offer? To get those features, you must spend MORE than it costs to acquire a Cube, which is exactly what the OP is trying to avoid.

1 Like

I would not touch Navio2 with a long infected pole full of pigs blood.

Try Holybro Durandal

I don’t understood why you requirement use of H7. In some applications, such as fixed wing aircraft, its CPU load is only 4-6% even if F4 chips are used. Is it necessary for us to H7 in these applications?

So you think cuav 7+pro is the same as Orange cube?

The f4 chips run out of memory when you enable features like lua.

2 Likes

I never said that. The X7+ is functionally identical. The pro version includes some fancier sensors that more than double the price (again, not what this conversation is about!).

And you haven’t backed up your claims.