I’ve started a new project; MissionPlannerLite that aims to be a light - lite - version of MissionPlanner that:
- Runs as fast as possible and doesn’t get slower when used for long.
- Doesn’t collect/store data or do any sluggish background tasks
- Supports Linux better - final target is be as native to Linux as possible. Now it already runs faster on wine or mono.
- Only includes features for real flights - no simulator, telemtery configurator or other secondary features that makes MissionPlanner very slow and sluggish when doing actual critical work.
- Not a replacement, as you’d need MissionPlanner for seconday or rarely used features.
I’ve already released an initial version that seems to work well.
Targeted to x86 CPU Optimized Release build using Visual Studio 2019 Less memory footprint, faster startup and general performance enhancements No MissionPlanner logs. Telemetry logs should be working normally. No Analytics/AltitudeAngel or other information collecting services. Many URLs - specially google-related as changed to fake URLs. Tell me if any still exists. Removed non working or rarely used maps Removed - or hided - many non-essential features, to enhance performance for real flight usage. Works much better under Linux either using wine - v4.1 or newer - or mono
For missing features, if it’s essential for real flight usage, open an issue. Otherwise, use standard MissionPlanner version.
For developers, all modifications are located in MissionPlannerLite git branch.
Waiting for your feedback.