Mission Planner Camera Trigger - What about video?

:smiley: Hi all,

Question: Have a Pixhawk with channel 7 output connected to a GentLED IR camera trigger.

Servo output =

High Position = Video Start/Stop
Mid position = Neutral
Low Position = Still Picture

I have set the unit up to trigger stills on the camera and have no issues with Mission Planner taking beautiful pictures :mrgreen:

Problem is there is no option to take video. :unamused:

Thought about servo pass through but no luck but didnā€™t seem to get a response from it. (Could be my fault)

Ideas??? :smiley:

Would you not need to slide a switch on the camera itself to get it into a video mode?

No. The GentLED unit triggers by IR. :unamused: Please read above. Thanks :wink:

Put the camera trigger on the radio receiver on channel 7. Assign a three postion switch to channel 7. You dont have to go thru the apm.

:confused: I do need to go through the Pixhawk because of camera trigger for aerial surveying and post picture matching of GPS GeoTags. That would have been the easiest to do for sureā€¦ā€¦. :open_mouth:

Thanks again

So after trying all I could think of, ended up using an extra camera trigger from GentLED I had. One is just for camera triggering via servo change from 1500 to 2000 and the other is a GentLED Still and Video unit. 1500 - 2000 triggers stills and 1500 to 1000 triggers video. Oh yeaā€¦ā€¦ :astonished: this is for a NEX-5.

The GentLED Cam trigger is run by the Pixhawk on channel 7 and the other GentLED Still/Video unit is wired directly to the radio on channel 8.

Both GentLED units are shrink-tubed together and still fit nicely together on the front of the camera.

ADMIN - Please consider this NOT A SOLVED ISSUE. - - - - - The Pixhawk is not working on pass through option in the RC options full list.

Thanks, :stuck_out_tongue:

:confused: I do need to go through the Pixhawk because of camera trigger for aerial surveying and post picture matching of GPS GeoTags. That would have been the easiest to do for sureā€¦ā€¦. :open_mouth:

Thanks again[/quote]

Same thing happens with apm. i have a boscam hd19 that has a trigger. i have tested it though mission planner and can take photos but cant turn it back into record. i agree the trigger needs a 3rd location within the software

Hi, I am also setting up a Sony Nex7 with Gentles Shutter Plus IR triger, do you use a bec to power the IR trigger or connect your Gentles IR trigger directly to the AUX outputs on the PixHawk?
Under the copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common ā€¦ hout-chdk/ post they recommend a bec is used??