Mission Planner Altitude_Wait command

Hi guys,
I want to release a glider (flying wing) from a high altitude balloon and have it fly back to me. Have successfully written a mission with the “Altitude_Wait” command to the FC and it appears to be working fine. However, one of the parameters - “wiggle-time” will only “wiggle” one of the two servos (elevons) I have hooked up. Does anyone have any experience with this command, or have any ideas on how to get it to wiggle both elevons? Thanks!
Bill

@iampete any ideas?

Altitude wait is does not get lots of testing, do you have a log of the issue?

Sorry Pete, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here and I forgot the log. Here’s a link 00000001.BIN - Google Drive

I have worked out what is going on.

The “wiggle” code outputs the same value to aileron, elevator and rudder. Right elevon is calculated from the base aileron and elevator outputs as elevator + aileron. Since both elevator and aileron are the “wiggle” value we output 2x wiggle. However left elevon is elevator - aileron so the wiggles cancel out.

We would need to do some rework to fix. Probably the best way would be offset the base outputs so we wiggle aileron then elevator then rudder.

I have opened a issue:

Pete you are the absolute best. Thank you SO much. Did my log file help you deduce what the problem was? If so, could you possibly explain what params you looked at that showed you how only 1 elevon wiggles? I am not very good with logs and I’m trying to get better. Thank you again, Pete - you never cease to amaze me. :pray:
Happy new year!
:tada:

Bill

Nothing special in the log, it just allowed me to test here with the same version and configuration. Once I had a replication I was able to trace the code paths used and work out what was going on.