Mission failure

Hi,

I am wondering if a copter deviates from its mission will it enter a failsafe or cancel the mission?

I am currently using my FC in Arducopter and in auto mode. It is mounted on another vehicle which is controlled manually. This means the “copter” will go off its intended path by several kilometres.

I have scoured over the mission documentation and can’t find an answer. Thanks for any guidance :grinning:

It isn’t documented because it doesn’t exist :sweat_smile:. There is no deviated from the desired flight path by more than X failsafe.

1 Like

Thats good!

I should have explained that I don’t want it to go into failsafe. I need it to stay in auto mode even though it is off the path.

This sounds like a military application. We do not want ArduPilot firmware to be used in military operations. ArduPilot community does not take sides, and also do not want to take lives.

Read the ArduPilot code of conduit for more information.

1 Like

There are civilian uses for UAV deployed mid flight. See relay challenge Regulamin
IIRC SAE Aerodesign also involves deploying gliders.

This is actually a very specific camera control unit I am playing with. Just trying to figure out if I should spend time trying to manipulate a mission to do what I want or try something else.

Can you create polygon fences around the mission envelope?