MinimOSD "no gps fix, low rssi, battery low" data all zeroes

I have a minimOSD plugged into serial4/5 (on serial4) on a pixhawk 2.4.8.

I set the following parameters:
SERIAL4_protocol, 1
SERIAL4_BAUD, 57
SR4_EXT_STAT, 2
SR4_EXTRA1, 5
SR4_EXTRA2, 2
SR4_EXTRA3, 3
SR4_POSITION, 2
SR4_RAW_SENS, 2
SR4_RC_CHAN, 5
TELEM_DELAY, 10

The OSDis flashing “no GPS fix, low rssi, battery low” and the data are all zeroes. The Mission Planner data screen shows “GPS: 3D fix” but minimOSD still says “No GPS fix” and the lat/long are 0.000000/0.000000
coolguy.param (17.1 KB)

Before I was getting a “No mav data” error, but disconnecting the wire between MinimOSD Tx and Pixhawk serial4 Rx made that go away. So if you’re getting that problem, that’s one way to fix it.

But I’m not getting any data on my OSD.

Did I miss something? I feel like I must’ve missed something. Any advice would be appreciated.

Just for fun, I unplugged my telemetry radio from TELEM2 and plugged it into SERIAL4/5. It connects to mission planner and seems to be working fine.

I kind of wish it hadn’t worked because that would mean that I hadn’t configured something properly. But it does work. It’s connected right now. Why would it work with a telemetry radio but not with an OSD?

I didn’t notice this before, but I’m getting a different error message now.

It doesn’t mention the battery or GPS anymore. Just flashes “Low Rssi”, and there’s some data on the screen. No GPS, but I think the “8” in the top right corner means it can see 8 satellites. Some other values are populated as well but I would have to plug it back into the FTDI chip verify what they’re supposed to indicate. The “-175” value in the top middle fluctuates from 55 to 40 to 35, to -119 to -142 to -167. It updates every few seconds.

This getting confusing. I seem to be on the right track but what gives? How am I getting some data but not all of it? This made more sense when nothing worked at all.

Is there a setting I should change? Maybe the pixhawk and OSD don’t agree on baud rate or something? I’m grasping at straws here.