Telemetry link stuck [SOLVED]

Hello, I have problem with Mavlink telemetry:

• feeding from Arducopter to FrSky receiverX8R via S-port,
    it is working proper just in disARM mode, in ARM mode is on OpenTX screen just Flight mode variable update, other variables are stuck.

• feeding to Mini OSD 2.4 from Arducopter
    there is updated just Flight flight mode variable, other variables are zero (elevation angle etc.)
    same problem as here: MinimOSD "no gps fix, low rssi, battery low" data all zeroes - #2 by acoolguy , unfortunately not solved.
    I can se Mavlink message period 1Hz on the scope, but SR3_EXTRA2 is set to 5 Hz.

My setup:
Arducopter Orange Cube+ H7 to FrSky receiverX8R via S-port, Arducopter 4.2.3
Taranis X7, OpenTX 2.3.15

• serial 0 = USB, works FINE
  • serial 1 = telemetry RFD868, Telem port 1
    57 kbaud, Mavlink 2 protocol, - works FINE
  • serial 2 = telemetry Frsky Sport, Telem port 2
    57 kbaud, half duplex, invert RX/TX, ( hardware´resistor pulldown approx 10k ohm), FrSky S port protocol
  • serial 3 = OSD (GPS port), GPS port 1
    57 kbaud, (swap TX/RX because to work, I connect it wrong and repair it by this settings), protocol Mavlink 1

Could you help me please, where is problem?

If I recall correctly, I abandoned that OSD as nothing I did got it to work. I bought another one and got it working eventually.

But initially the 2nd one I bought didn’t work either. I fixed that by updating the firmware. From here: Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. download “Config_OSD_20.zip” and “MinimOSD_20.hex”

And buy this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006050912078.html

You may want to consider buying multiple minimOSD boards while you’re at it. I own 5. 3 of them work. They quality control isn’t great.

Also make sure to solder the jumpers like in this diagram:https://ardupilot.org/copter/_images/DiagramaMinimOSD_OP.jpg

Among its hardware problems are the 12v regulator is no good. You want to run everything off the 5v side.

This was really, really frustrating for me. I share your pain. I’ll try to help you out if I can.

Hello,

I connect the OSD module to UART4 = GPS 2 serial output, and it works well now.
On UART3 was just heartbeat present, despite the proper settings of message type and their period.
I don’t know where problem was, but it is solved now. :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Jakub