Mavlink telemetry on flysky i6

How can i display mavlink telemetry on my flysky i6 10ch mod tx and ia6b firmware ver 1.6.
Can i just connect pixhawk telemetry tx to ia6b sense port or do i need to interface between the ia6b and pixhawk telemetry port.
Not sure if the mavlink protocol needs to be converted to ibus sense format before been returned back to the flysky i6.
I have read that a arduino micro is connected between the pixhawk telemetry port and ia6b sense port to convert mavlink to ibus.
And read where the flight controller telemetry is just connected to a receiver to return telemetry.
Please help

ArduPilot doesn’t do iBus telemetry natively, so you’ll need an adapter (https://github.com/qba667/MAVLinkToIbus/blob/master/README.md is one option).

1 Like

Thank for the quick response.
I’m not up with programing but will have to give it a try.
There is a procedure in RC groups and the link you gave me,will go with that.

I’d love to see iBus support in AP, especially for this very reason. :slight_smile:

Saijin,

It’s probably best to raise an enhancement request in the Issues list so this request isn’t forgotten. Of course, I can’t make any promises on if/when it will be added - it’s really depends upon whether a volunteer developer becomes interested in adding support in AP or a company funds a developer to do the work.

1 Like

Rmackay9,

I will try and remember to do so. I know qba777 has a GitHub repo with code to go FROM MavLink to iBus (https://github.com/qba667/MAVLinkToIbus), but not the other way around, and requires yet another “companion computer” of sorts.

If you had to ballpark, what would a reasonable bounty be for iBus support in AP? I doubt I could fulfill it myself, but I’m curious none the less.

@Saijin_Naib, re the bounty it’s hard to say…we have considered setting up a bounty system using something like bountysource but we’ve never taken the step…

1 Like

Well, I’ve set the enhancement request:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!