Mavlink: order of messages like gsc:send_named_float(a, b)

Hello friends.
Does anyone know the sequence in which multiple messages of a certain type are transmitted (gsc:send_named_float(a, b))? I’m sending six messages in a loop, but they’re coming in a chaotic, unordered manner. For example, they might come in as 1, 2, 4, 3, 1 (next transmission), 5, 3 (next transmission), and so on. How can I fix this? I need to transmit two coordinates and then 10-40 values after transmitting these coordinates.
I would be grateful for any assistance in resolving this issue.

This is my code
But I didn`t receive my data in this order((((

What you’re trying to do is extremely clunky, and it still escapes me why you’re even attempting something like 3cm precision at 200Hz on a live feed with this equipment - seems you should be datalogging this onboard and analyzing later. But anyway…

How about this?

You can downlink up to 10 discrete named float values. I think you said you’re trying to capture sensor states in the range of 0-9. Send your data as 10 timestamps representing the last time each value was triggered. You may not be able to capture it quite at the rate you want, but some clever interpretation might get you close (missing timeframes can likely be assumed to be multiple values of the same value). Just use the vehicle’s ownship position for the coordinates.

1 Like

First, stop trying to send ASCII values at this point. Just send the integer values.

Beyond that, I think you’re asking too much of Lua and MAVLink.

1 Like

Please, describe how to do this… I dont understand... I dont have so experience as you have… I spent a month trying to understand this, but I`m stuck…

Well I don’t understand your project, and you’ve been so vague as to raise my suspicions about its intent. Unless you can describe it in exacting detail, I think I’m out.

Ok, well that makes things a lot easier. I see no need to transmit that data to the GCS live. It makes more sense to log it and then retrieve the file after landing. Is there some time criticality that I’m missing?