Matek H743 slim or Mini

Hello everyone,
I have been using the Matek H743 slim V3 variant for the past 6 months and it works extremely well. However, there is a slight issue in the way I assemble this flight controller. I have figured out that the Matek H743 Mini will be a good choice as far as assembly is concerned. Before making this decision of changing the flight controller, I wanted to know your views on this. As far as performance is concerned and options available for peripherals is there anything notable changes that should be looked into?
I read a few posts here that says the Mini version generates a lot of heat than the slim version.
Please help me with this decision.

Thanks!

I have used both. No problem with the Mini which is currently on a 4/5 inch. Just run the IMU Temp Comp which you would do anyway. I flew w/o that and still no problem.

3 Likes

Have you noticed any visually observable difference between no temp cal and ones that have it done? Just curious as I have a few I just never ran that on because they were setup before that existed.

1 Like

No. If I recall it helped on a piece of junk Omnibus F4 Nano but those are shit IMO. It’s in a Plane I never Fly but it was in multirotors. There was a time when there were few small supported boards…

1 Like