Matek F405-WSE : not able to use Uart 2 for CRSF Receiver

I can configure and use the receiver as expected on any other uart, but using it on uart 2 has some issues:
-There’s no serial2 parameters in Mission Planner
-I looked it up, it correlates to serial7:

-configuring serial7 (in the same way that makes my receiver work on other uarts) doesn’t work.

Parameters I change, to make it work:
RC_OPTIONS=> 9th bit to 1
SERIALx_PROTOCOL=23
SERIALx_BAUD=115
RSSI_TYPE=3

These above parameters work on any of my other free uarts (I’ve tried 1,3,5,6), and they all work – not uart 2.

I know the website specifically tells me to use uart 1 for CRSF receivers when using Ardupilot, but I don’t get why. I can use uart 2 just fine in INAV.

reference: (EOL) Flight Controller F405-WSE – Matek Systems

From the website:

If using CRSF receiver on this FC with ardupilot firmware, pls use Serial1/USART1 which has DMA enabled.

If sending highspeed serial data (eg. 921600 baud) to the board, use Serial1/Serial3.

DMA was a big deal on the F405 boards when it came to CRSF. Better data transfer than the other ports. You can use CRSF on any of the other serial ports.

Yes, On this board TX2/RX2 is serial 7. It’s common on the matek boards that the TX/RX port numbers don’t line up with the SERIALx values. I’m sure there’s a good and valid reason why. Just look it up on the maufacture’s website and keep going.

1 Like

What Allister says, plus from the board’s hwdef:

1 Like