Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

I think that we have great products with very little or no support at all.
Actually, after the initial setup curve where I was very lucky to enjoy the help of all the friends in this little forum, never had any issue.

@MartyMcFly, yesterday I connected the new cube orange with the t12 without any issues. Did a radio calibration and than copied my old settings from the old fc to the new one.

PS no wonder they published the new h16 on px4 forums and not here…, we served the purpose

Hi Ricky, may I know what is the size of the foldable propeller you are using?

I agreed with you. Thanks for the help from here when I initially encounter issue on my T12.

Although I am figuring out some setting but at least I am moving forward.

These are 15 inch folding props.

Thanks. Looking at your drone size is 15inch propeller the limit? Do your drone become unstable when flying? I tried using 12inch on a F450 and it crash multiple time.
Now i am on 11inch.

I have no issues with it from a stability point of view. I did crash it but that was a power module failure and not related to props. I am working to install redundant power to avoid that in the future.

1 Like

Ricky, though my build is a bit messy, that’s how I did it

It supports two batteries

So your running what appears to be two of Christians Hall Sensors…PL series… They are running into the X2 hub and I think a single BEC. Is that right. So it’s not redundant power but it is dual battery with the X2 hub aggregating current and voltage. Very neat.

1 Like

Exactly right, I had two becs but last week I burnt one by mistake so until I get a new one…

Can share how to create redundancy on power?

There is a number of ways of doing it. But since I am using a Pixracer I had to go this route.

3 Likes

Thanks for the video. Other than using a regulator, i think it is possible to create redundancy power by using BEC?
Now i am starting to explore LIDAR, i shall look into redundancy after my LIDAR installation.

So you can use a bec (regulator) but the problem is you have to have a way to switch from one source to another. Simply combining the output from two becs I don’t believe solves the problem and potentially adds a problem to the becs themselves. There has to be way of switching.

That said, you can power the lidar direct from it’s own bec which is a good idea as long as all teh devices have a common ground, not that the lidar can pull up to 800 ma and thats possibly going to brown out your flight controller. I tend now to run all my ancillary devices off of their own bec to keep the demands off the flight controller. However I still want redundant power on the FC as it’s the most critical piece of kit on the bird. While you can survive a lidar or gps power failure. A FC power failure will result in a loss of the craft.

1 Like

[quote=“rickyg32, post:1741, topic:34459”]
So it’s not redundant
[/quote] I forgot to mention that I do have a separate bec to the servo rail but not thru a schotkey which is a really neat idea which I might implement Regardless of the mauch bec I ordered.

I have not looked at Mauch lately to see if he has any redundant systems. I should take a peak. You should know that the becs are actually a very cheap 1 dollar bec with a couple of capacitors on them. I have built a few myself over the last couple years.
At least a couple years ago he was using I think these set to 5vdc and a cap on the front and back ends.

1 Like

From the video, the regulator does not look like a switch but more to provide a stable 5V to the FC. Not sure if i am wrong.

1 Like

I like the mauch products and it’s solid solution. I purchased 5A adjustable step down converters for all other purposes so I use it for 12v and 5v, as long as you have the space for it. Much more reliable than those 5v and 12v for hobbies that you never know it’s going to burn out in mid flight

Hi Gal.

Are running your batteries in series or parallel?

1 Like

2 6S4P 12500mah 3C Li-ionn (self build) based on Sony/Murata 18650 in Parallel

This is a neat 3 way redundancy solution.

Works like a charm