Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Woah that is very impressive and a very nice place. Thanks for loading the link here again.

I doubt i can achieve that over at my side as i stay in city. Interference all over.

Finally manage to contact skydroid, they told me if i want image i need to go for T12 instead of M12L.

1 Like

Take in mind that you have less distance with T12 than M12, I use 5.8 conventional video for short distances and 1.2 video for longer ones; but the advantage of all in one.

1 Like

That is why i want to use my current alientech on Skydroid to boost the signal.

2 Likes

I would be very happy to achieve 25km. Other than signal, i will need a huge battery to fly that distance.

1 Like

Hi @silvain, I tried and got the same results of just a green screen. To be on the safe side I tried with a second conversion board/cable.
I know that the data is reaching the controller because it turns image turn green and a small beep is emitted, so I guess something is wrong with my raspivid command
Could you share what you do between your camera and gst if itā€™s not proprietary?
Thank you
Gal

The AV convertor available on Ali Express now

What has happened to Cao,does any one no the spec of the Usb cable to the micro cable going from the radio to the tablet.

Many thankā€™s,

Hi Gal,
I donā€™t use the skydroid app, but the skydroid sdk. I had the green screen problem when I donā€™t write the ā€œbyte-streamā€ command.
You can to save you video on h264 file (just before send it to the serial port) and read it with VLC to check if itā€™s work

2 Likes

Hi Silvain,may I wish you a very Happy and Prosperous New Year,could you possibly do a we tutorial or a video on how you have done it please.

1 Like

Thank you @silvain thatā€™s a great idea, and why didnā€™t I think about that :wink: .
I shall try it tonight.
Best

1 Like

Hey folks.
Looking at the t12 receiver I see there is a camera connection point.
But whats the other connector for is that the telemetry connection.

Never mind I found the manual

1 Like

yes Ricky,do you have the switcher as well

Switcher no. converter however has been ordered. I ordered two of them.
I wish someone had one and was testing it. Would be nice to hear their experience.

1 Like

my converter should be here tomorrow or thursday what camera you going to use please,also ordered the 10 ch receiver but thats a couple weeks away I think

I have also ordered the converter but I am still planning to do the conversion with the raspberry pi because the converter support only analog video.
My tests are on hold until Friday because my son borrowed my GoPro 5 :grin:.

1 Like

Hi Gal,im very interested on how you get on,ive never used raspberry pi but could be something I could look into

Hey Marty, basically it should be very easy to install the rpi and wiring everything, I could definitely help with that. However, I havenā€™t reached the promised land as of yet. @silvain gave me a few tips and I need to try that and I will by the end of this week and report back.
The target is to be able to connect HDMI source to the T12.
Best

2 Likes

Thank you,will be watching and the very best and good luck

1 Like

I will be getting one after chinese new year to try. Will post my review of it in last Feb

1 Like

Using Skydroid T10 and Radiolink Mini Pix.
I updated the Arduplane firmware to Ver. 4.0.2 and am now able to assign more flight modes to unused switches, for example I can now use button A for RTH.
Cheers
Robbo

1 Like