Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Hmmm.
My T12 Musings…how does one use an OSD with a digital camera. Hmmmm.

@SKYDROID hey cao hows that video to serial converter coming along. Also any word on that SDK that Patrick is looking for.

1 Like

The M12/T12 is shown with waterproof rockers. But what about the rest of ground station, the buttons and the three way switches? Are they water or drop resistant as well?

Thanks, Stefan

The switches appear to be a standard switch much the same as that on a Taranis for instance.
I have had the unit apart and find nothing special or unusual about them.

1 Like

Thinking of the OSD question. Perhaps I am not thinking this through. The Tower app or Qgroundcontrol all provide visual information about the flight so perhaps it’s not really an issue.

1 Like

Since ive started using the tower app im allways checking the amps.voltage,sats and hdop plus change my flight modes on it though would still like a six position switch but hey this is a great step forward and thank you Ricky

1 Like

Thanks Marty
I thought I was being silly. Thinking old school FPV with the OSD.

1 Like

I’m with you on the OSD. When you switch to the camera view, it’s always good to see flight conditions. You don’t necessarily have that auditory or “flying by the seat of your pants” sensations. Besides, it would be a pain having to switch from camera to GCS view everytime.

Thanks.

1 Like

yes thats my concern. It’s one thing if the video is embedded into qgroundcontrol with the flight data as an overlay…but if it’s a seperate window with no flight data…that’s a concern for me flipping back and forth. Not knocking the system. Just things that come to mind and how to address them.

1 Like

Hi the 2 R’s Ricky and Rollys,if you have the video screen selected on tower you still see all the data at the top of the screen,you dont see the stuff on the right hand side of the screen,but if you are using Pixhawk cube 2.1 the only way to get OSD is with the minim osd

Hi Cao,im woundering if it would be possible to put Ntrip on to the the Skydroid Tower to allow us to use the next generation of GPS’s that will be appearing soon,many thank’s.

Video App update for Android,.for those that the app isn’t updating automatically.

3 Likes

Do you have video working on qgroundcontrol? Using the T12, we can get video and telem data on Tower but only telem on qgc. Any ideas?

1 Like

With qGroundcontrol and the T12 no. At least not at the moment. I suspect its because the T12 piggybacks the digital video signal with the telemetry data coming back from the receiver and the Tower add on FPV app knows how to separate them. However qGroundcontrol from a video perspective is looking for a video signal coming from a source like a capture card or USB input. It likely doesn’t know how to decompile the video signal.

The M12l unit has a UVC receiver and so its a separate video source that qGroundcontrol can see on some operating systems like windows,

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for confirming that. We are experiencing the same thing, no luck in any route. Appreciate it!

1 Like

What version number is this? I think the last one I saw was v4.0

Thanks.

1 Like

Dang good question I saw it but didn’t note it. Sorry man

1 Like

Just installed it 4.1 it is

1 Like

I thought that was what I saw…but didn’t want to say as I was unsure. Thanks Marty

1 Like

I reached out to Cao and Linda last night about the SDK. Cao is at an exhibition but will update us on the sdk as soon as he can.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is allowed here,if not please remove,I will have a M12 radio and 2 receivers for sale shortly at a fair price if interested please let me no