Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Hello,

Looking at all the high baud rate 115200 TTL UART JPEG camera modules popping around AliExpress recently, I was curious on how You could get stable transmission as most of the products are clones of ADAFRUIT Serial Camera
https://learn.adafruit.com/ttl-serial-camera
and using the same VC0706 chips that has many flaws.

The most important being:

Despite the software letting you change the baud rate this is a very flaky setting and even if it works, when you power up the camera again it will reset. Some experimenters have accidentally disabled their cameras by trying to change the baud rate. We do not suggest you mess with the baud rate settings. If you do, you may permanently disable your camera and we will not replace it!

Making an upgraded encoder makes sense, if it can send stable VGA (or better) @ 30FPS

1 Like

more fun,tears and happy singing for us will be an other journey in our quest to be different

Cao,while you are hear it is not posible to alter paramets,there is a bug that will only let you put a single figure in

This camera has a fixed baud rate and is very stable. It has been tested for about a year. Not the camera you know

2 Likes

we use 20 000 000 baud rate and use ipc ic.
output.:.h.264 640*360 500kbps cbr…
input:at command Control iso, image flip, osd, resolution switching, ircut, saturation, contrast… There are about 20 items. Open SDK to developers.

2 Likes

Great, got a link for the sdk ?

2 Likes

I think this will be an exciting journey through the summer months,with the T12,it will be fun getting it all working and as I love my M12 this is the right step forward for me

1 Like

Patrick and an SDK…watch this spot for some magic

2 Likes

Well my T12 arrived today. Here is the first look. To start with the controller is black…Me like black.

There is a package with the receiver in it. Plus these very interesting waterproof covers for the antenna’s. I actually like them however not sure I will use them. When you realize that Skydroid is a Agdrone company it make sense that these rubber doofers come with the receiver.

There is a second package with bits to mod the handheld unit. Mine is not setup with resistance on the throttle. I will do that myself. It’s an easy mod.

The case is the standard fabric molded case. I am not a fan of them but they work ok. I like the hard side case better but theres a case so that is goodness.

The box was super well packed and I mean well packed. I now have a new supply of bubble wrap to use. My wife and I are moving house so bubble wrap is handy…wa hooo I have a LOT more.

There was a separate pack in the box, I didn’t see it at first…It was the camera. Looks like its a standard format like a runcam…But its special. It’s a serial digital camera. Can’t wait to give that a try.
One other note is the USB cables. They appear to be all special right angle cables so they should be easier to connect up.

I will get it on the later today and get it turned on. Let you know what else I see.

Thats it for now but more to come.

2 Likes

Cant wait for your view’s on it Ricky,but im deff wanting one

Will let you know what I learn about it. It’s different then the M12L. Not sure what it is but it’s different. It has a slightly different feel to it. The buttons a slightly different.
When I powered the hand held unit up it beeps constantly. I suspect its telling me it’s not seeing a receiver. That will be a challenge right now as I am all packed up to move. bu till let you know what I can.

2 Likes

Im in love with a beautiful woman O no its A skyDroid T12 im in love with lol

Looks good.

Just being curious here… you got it from FoxTech? How much was shipping and how long did it take?

Thanks.

1 Like

Mine is aliexpress…it was shipped thursday or friday last week via Fedex. Arrived today

1 Like

I thought the Alixexpress version had the camera with lights… or is there an option for the one without? Anyway, looking forward to your reports on it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Well mine is a bit out of the ordinary as it was arranged prior to it going up for sale on either site.
The lit camera version to my knowledge is the norm from Aliexpress.

1 Like

Trying to connect the Skydroid Multilink V1.0 receiver to telemetry on a pixfalcon. Using the SkyDroid Tower App found on fuav.xin (http://app.mi.com/details?id=org.droidplanner.android.fuav&ref=search). Video link is fine, rx is fine, can connect to device helper only over bluetooth and skydroid tower (video only) over usb only. The main issue seems to be there is no telemetry to the tower app. I have wired it according to the pinout found on ali and the pixfalcon pinout (see images). But still no GPS, attitude information, etc. Any ideas?

Annotation%202019-06-10%20144205

1 Like

Whats your pin connection on the flight controller. Are you Tx to RX and RX to TX on the flight controller.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, thought we tried this both ways but we tried again and it seemed to work. You rock thanks for answering this noob question! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

no problem man and welcome. Thats a very common problem. Everyone gets caught by it.

2 Likes