Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

I’ve been following this discussion for a long time. Since it started basically. Has anybody been using it on a regular basis? I’m trying to determine if it would fit for me when I need something less than UAVcast but more than a RFD 900 plus 5.8 FPV.

That is a shame,as if you lose a craft you need to buy a complete system,I really think that is a bad commercial decision by Skydroid,as would be good to be able to purchase receiver and camera,O well

1 Like

Or during a crash you broke only one part

1 Like

Exactly we need to be able to get replacement parts I cant afford a complete system if camera fails

Thank you for the info. I suspected as much.

I’m with both of you on this. It surely doesn’t make sense. Hopefully, it’s just a temporary situation as they ramp up production and not for some odd reasoning.

That alone takes it out of contention for me.

1 Like

Hey all.
I will double check with them. I could have lost something in the translation so will double check. honestly I think it makes no sense, in in a commercial scenario. More then one device could be employed.

So I have a message into Cao with what the community’s concern is and we shall see what he has to say.

@MartyMcFly just hang tight for a bit. Lets see if this is just a temporary thing. Like I said, translation can be a problem. Cao is in English classes now, but it will be a bit before he is fluent. :laughing:

1 Like

im on a 50/50 now weather to buy or not

thank you Ricky ile be a true scotsman and be cautious in parting with my cash

Its like me with english clases, perhaps We can understand each other lol

1 Like

Not too long ago, we bought a system to try and get some experience.

1. It works. A bit cumbersome to start, but once you get the hang of it, it works.
  2. Still doubtful on the 60km. We tried up to 10, still have video and data.

My conclusion is that for a hobbyist, it may fit your requirement. I still have my doubts for professional use. But since the announcement that they don’t sell separate parts, I also think for hobby use it might be not so suitable.

My main concern for professional use is that everything goes through 1 link. Remote, data and video is all on the same connection.

For me, that is unacceptable. I would like to still have some sort of control over the uav. With separate systems, if my radio fails, I still have my data link to initiate a RTL and some control over it. Or, when my Datalink fails, I still have my video and radiolink. I like to have my systems redundant.

With skydroid, if one of the parts of the system fails, it is the end of the story.

So you have to bear that in mind as well.

1 Like

Receivers will be provided, not now. Let’s play an airplane first.

1 Like
  1. The receivers are sold separately, but they haven’t processed the video pictures and so on.

2. You can’t have multiple radios on the same plane. Just as you can’t listen to a few more people singing, RTL is activated by flight control.

3. Skydroid has priority over data processing, just like DJI

1 Like

Who says receivers are not sold alone? I don’t know at all, just lack of text and pictures on the shelves… O M G:joy:

1 Like

YES, An AV conversion board will be launched at the end of June.

1 Like

T12 receiver not the on aliexpress picture

1 Like

Thank you Cao.
I got the message back from Linda that additional receivers would not be available. I am pleased to hear it was a miss understanding.

Can you tell me what an AV conversion board is. If its something that converts standard composite video to serial digital for the receiver to handle. You have my attention now.
Spare receivers and the ability to integrate into a machine that uses analog video.would be awesome.

1 Like

we use a serial port to send h.264 from camera to the mcu…then to the ground .then otg then skydroid fpv or skydroid tower and will provide the sdk to every one…
We have developed and equipped this camera. Obviously this does not satisfy everyone. So we developed the AV to serial conversion module, but it will take several weeks. I’m looking forward to this conversion board, which will give you more choices…

running on the way,burning …bur…

2 Likes

hahah super thank you Cao. don’t burn to much.

1 Like

thanks for foxtech
3 Likes

Thank you Cao,I have both trust and faith in you and Skydroid and its a pleasure to be part of your overseas family.

1 Like