Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Yes Ricky arrived yesterday I am well impressed with them

Sorry it’s so late, and yes I do.

1 Like

Hello Ladies and Gents,there is an update to Skydroid Tower it is now @ 4.7,I did not catch what the updates were sorry,thank you Cao for this

2 Likes

Thanks Marty for the heads up.

1 Like

Hello Cao,may I wish you a very happy and prosperous Chinese New Year,have a great time and enjoy

It looks like the change for Skydroid Tower v4.7 is below. My assumption is that it now confirms that you are in the flight mode you selected. This is a nice feature on the Yaapu telemetry with an audible from Amber. For example, if you switch to Loiter but you don’t have enough satellites then it won’t go into that mode.

Added confirmation mode for flight mode anti-missing

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi every one just been out in the freezing cold here,tried out the new Tower 4.7 when you select a flight mode on tower it now asks you to confirm it with a O/K brilliant also only went under a K due to the cold but had a V A S pepperbox and Ion V2 on the RGT02 and the video was so much clearer reckon it will go a good few K’s well impressed with this set up

3 Likes

Has anyone figured out how to download offline maps in the Skydroid Tower app?

Using the Tower documentation here, the selection for Settings/User Interface/Map Provider Preferences does not contain “Download Offline Map”.

1 Like

That doesnt work anymore, what I do is to open with internet the map, then go to offline zone and map is still there, I don’t remember if it not possible to download with MP and copy in tower folder, if I find some info I share, here you can find some old instructions about tower https://diydrones.com/m/group/discussions?groupId=705844%3AGroup%3A1991055

1 Like

I emailed Cao about it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, guys. It seems that although the Skydroid Tower app displays UVC video, it lacks setup for VTOLs and off-line maps. On the flip side, the QGC app can handle VTOLs and off-line maps but not UVC video.

On the laptop, Mission Planner does it all…

1 Like

Or a Windows tablet :grinning:

1 Like

@DonLakeFlyer hey Don any chance you have looked into the UVC issue.

1 Like

I comment Cao about vtol modes, Im interested too because Im going to install in one, they are working on hardware now he said.

1 Like

offline map+VTOL i see. no problem.
it will take some time.
I am working on the hardware of new product😋

3 Likes

Hey Ricky-
What make of windows tablet do you use? I’ve been thinking of getting one.

1 Like

Still waiting for stuff I ordered to show up so I can test.

2 Likes

cool thanks for letting me know.

cheers

1 Like

I am not a good resource for advice on Windows Tablets. I have an older Chinese dual boot tablet that has Win 10 on it.

2 Likes

Just been having a play with my M12,I now see there is S-Bus,PPM and a new one C-Bus wounder what that is maybe Cao give us a CNY present