Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

@ton999 hey Tony. We have a few folk that have run the system out for some serious distance, @Tom-fly I believe has done 17km with the unit. Now I confess that is in a more remote location, but with hills trees and other obstacles with no issue.
@cala2 has had similar experience but on a shorter range. Both are gearing up for some major distance testing soon.
I am not a distance flier but I am a mavic owner and I regularly fly in an area of heavy interference. On more then one occasion I have had my Mavic fail and well scare the poop out of me. I have flown the Skydroid system in the same place repeatedly with no interruption. Is that proof it works better then the DJI system. No. But I have not had to change my shorts flying.

As for the question of Dual telemetry I canā€™t say,. I know that I have run the USB connection at the same time as the Skydroid system, so that basically is a dual telemetry system, but I confess not exactly what your describing.

I demonstrated that yesterday for the community.

1 Like

Hi Tony,firstly welcome some good questions there im sure Cao will come along shortly he is very good at answering questionā€™s and is honest as well ive got the cross fire and a RFD 868 thayt i have not used as I think the M12 should have me covered I think things look good for Skydroid as on there site they are looking to increase there staff including engineers,but just feel this is the right direction for me,would like to see a smaler receiver but thats it for now Merry Xmas and hope santa brings you a M12

Thatā€™s a shame. I, like @cala2 prefer a higher tension on the stick. On both my Taranis X9D+ and Q X7, Iā€™ve replaced them with HD gimbal springs then max out the tension adjusters. This way, it immediately reminds me if Iā€™m putting in any unintended pilot induced input. More importantly, it helps me be more precise with control inputs. Not necessarily a deal-breaker but TBD at the moment.

Thanks.

1 Like

I fly over a farm where recive internet by air, I fly 3kms with a quad and 6km ground test with strong signal but isnā€™t a city, you need lots of permissions to fly far over a city here, dual telem I don,t try yet but a friend did it with dragon in parallel with osd and works, Im going to try with airplane and comment.

1 Like

Merry Christmas to you all
Happy flying in 2019

4 Likes

I wish you all a merry and blessed Christmas as well!! Thanks for all the help and comraderry from this fine group.

2 Likes

Yes A very happy Xmas and a prosperous new Year Year to all on here and great fun,flying and bringing the M12 forward and helping others next year

2 Likes

p/s santas off my card list still no M12

1 Like

Thank you gentlemen, for all your response. @Ricky, I just want to understand, you said there is no interruption at all using M12L in strong wifi signal (interference) area, where Mavic had problem. It means that M12 is better than Mavic in this aspect, isnā€™t it? Or may be I misunderstood? How far can you reach in that area with M12L ?
@Marty, thank you for your words, hope that I can get it soon.
@Cala thank you for your update. You can get 17 km, is it in rural area without wifi signal or in strong wifi signal area?
@Tom, I plan to use Holybro Pixhawk 4 for my Vtol, do you think it is a good product? (I heard there is Sbus issue, but not sure in details).
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Hope that we get more success and happiness in the coming year.

1 Like

Tom I go 6km yet, is a rural area but we have internet acces wireless, perhaps not compared with city interferences.

1 Like

Merry Christmas to Skydroid and this great group that give me the chance to have my few weeks ago wish, a strong signal compact unit to fly over the farm without connection limits and easy to use. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We have a set (thank you by the way) and in electric setup our planes can fly hundreds of km in a single flight. We just have to approach this methodically given it is so new. Likely put one onboard a long range setup and just monitor its signal degrading at distance. We have quite a lot of planes flying bvlos so Iā€™m looking forward to seeing data after the new year and how we can integrate in the future.

1 Like

Merry Christmas, everyone. I have made the English version of SKYDROID app. Iā€™ll upload it later.

4 Likes

SYDROID,thank you for your effort to make our life easier in this case.

1 Like

Itā€™s been a few hours of meetings, so I have to upload it tomorrow. Itā€™s bedtime.

2 Likes

marry xmas to everyone! And thank you for Skydroid for updating firmware to version 1.5. Update went smoothly, nice! lets see tomorrow how it works in practise.

I dont believe separate module would make difference. Market has load off long range telemetry modules (TBS, Dragonlink, Frsky etcā€¦ and separate telemetries as well) . Iā€™m sure Skydroid version of it would just be one of millions. But current setup of M12L is just great, it offers robustness, is really compact and dustproof if needed. And you can connect it without problems to groundstation etc. You can of course connect your Taranis as joystick to groundstation (windows laptop) and control drone via it and M12L works as telemetry modem (all the control commands, and telemetries goes throught it). M12L is also very friendly to user. It gets connect very easily to groundstation and can works with multiple connections at the same time (laptop, pad for example). Current concept works very well from my point of view.

2 Likes

ahahaļ¼Œhttp://fuav.xin/download/skydroid4.4.zip
Put it directly on the website, you can download it directly. This link may fail later

2 Likes

Thank you for this santa Cao has given M12 flyerā€™s lovely present :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

I agree with you Tom plenty modualā€™s available out there