Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Or maybe I need to try QGround Control???

1 Like

haha.
Well ya never know Kenny.
I am in Canada near Toronto so itā€™s a driveā€¦a long one but doable. lol
Marty is in Scotlandā€¦so he would get wet driving.
Cala2 is Argentina.
Tom fly is I think Finland.

Itā€™s a world group.

1 Like

Wow! Yes, a ā€œcentralā€ convention sight would still be a big haul for any of us, I guess! I volunteer my place. :slight_smile: Seriously, if any of you get the notion to travel, you would be welcome. I am 2.5 hours from the Atlanta airport or about 1 hour from the Augusta airport.

2 Likes

You have a arm button downside, and them a slicer to confirm, I take a photo and show you

2 Likes

I make a little video about today one fly, it was too windy so is short but you can see how its work and solid rssi

I didnĀ“t upload complete map and I havenĀ“t internet at field
2 Likes

Here you can find more info about the app just in case you donĀ“t see upper: https://diydrones.com/group/tower-droidplanner
You can arm moving rudder stick to right and disarm to left like normal radios too.

1 Like

Today I test failsafe and works well too, just in case I activate ch 8 failsafe too to change to RTL value.

1 Like

ItĀ“s possible to make little stronger the aileron stick? too soft for my preference.

1 Like

@cala2 I do not see the same buttons as you show. After I connect, this is what I see:

maybe not showing arming as you dont have a GPS fix

Maybe thatā€™s it. I will test. It isnā€™t a big deal but when working on the rover in my shop, I need to arm to exercise the actuators. I can either keep using Mission Planner on a PC or set the ā€œArm Requiredā€ parameter to 0.

1 Like

You can arm with rudder stick too and you can configure arming check in full params list to allow arming with different checks, when I have my ship at hand I see it.

1 Like

If you dont use video you can go to settings user interfase widgets a list of widgets to show appears and you check what you want to see in your screen

1 Like

Hi is there any difference between Tower Beta and the Skydroid version thankā€™s

As I saw, the M12L rssi doesnt work in tower, cons, modes are not traslated yet I hope less speech but I have to investigate config yet, the two connect much easier than qground control, tower is stop development at the moment so new functions like vtol doesnt exist

1 Like

Try this version of tower
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.aerohawk.android&hl=en_CA

1 Like

downloaded ready for the big day lol and thank you

The question about being able to adjust the spring tension of the sticks still hasnā€™t been answered. I posted the same question as @cala2ā€™s earlier in the thread as well. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Guys, I have been following all your discussions since beginning. I am impressed that some of you are very excited with this M12L Skydroid, especially Ricky, Cala, Romeo, Tom, Marty, Kenny and others. I really want to do testing but have simple questions, how about real distance when we use in area with strong 2.4Ghz wifi signal like in the city ?? I think Interference will reduce the range a lot . Based on my experience, Dji Phantom 4 and Mavic can only achieve about 500 mtr. in this area. Anybody has experience with this condition? Second question, can we do dual telemetry as redundant system?
For example, as second telemetry I may use RFD900 or UAVcast (4G telemetry). Any comments? I also like to hear from the developer: Skydroid (Caoxueyu).
Thanks.

1 Like

@rollys I have had the unit apart in the past and saw nothing that would allow you to apply additional tension to the spring. You can do the mod for the throttle so its not spring loaded but apart from that I found nothing.

1 Like