Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Hey Cala2…Ale…I tested the foam on the baro like you suggested. Blowing at the quad did cause an altitude change. I have never seen that before so will add more foam. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

But if you turn off transmitter the app disconnect and you can´t see rtl? only in the logs? I can reconnect without close app with mplanner but I have to do it manually.

1 Like

or you can cover the fc but not completely, only with open sides, Im going to send you some photos where I solved, one of them Is the upper one here, looks that I put a cf piece over the pixracer, close under the gps and yesterday I check side to side and rtl and works well, your baro is downside?

1 Like

Plug your pc into the USB port and run mission planner. Then check your failsafe. Yes the app will disconnect when you turn off the transmitter but mission planner on your pc will stay connected and show you if your in failsafe or not.

1 Like

yes Pixracer has a baro on the bottom

2 Likes

My mission planner connected by usb auto disconnect when I turn off transmitter, I m going to update and try again, If yours work, mine suppose to do it too., thanks

1 Like

Hi Ricky,how long did it take fir your transmitter to arrive please

5 days I think it was.

1 Like

HAve a look you will see what I mean. It stayed connected for me.

2 Likes

hopefully ile have it for xmas ye he

Ahh, nice thanks for video, you connect MP to Rx, I connected to Tx.
But looks that yours not switch to RTL too, it stays in stabilize, I check that in logs too.

1 Like

Here another model that cover all electronics, looks that is not completely close

Yesss is a disposable salad boul l :wink:

3 Likes

Yes I had noticed it didn’t say RTL. But I couldn’t remember if it should say that since it did state failsafe was activated. I will check the logs as soon as I get a chance.

1 Like

Yes, it have to change to rtl, I always check that before fly, I look log and no change too but like your method instead to remove the sd every time, mine is difficult to remove, the first discover how to do it please share it, mine too.

1 Like

Actually, connect the PC directly to your flight controller by usb cable (if possible) to be able to see the flight mode change in Mission Planner. Or use your video link if you have one, and you should see RTL on the OSD. The last method I use on the field before the first flight of the day.

2 Likes

thats how i do it at the moment with my present system on the tower beta

I fully agree and this is why I’d like to have best of both : keep the Taranis radio (which is one of the best radio on the market right now) and use these skydroids peripherals (the existing receiver that is available, plus the new one I request : the transceiver module to plug in the bay of the Taranis radio)

1 Like

Ok I just double checked the behavior and its correct.
Setting for Fail safe.
“Enabled always RTL” to force the vehicle to always RTL even if flying a mission in AUTO mode"
The Flight Mode should switch to RTL if you have a GPS lock or LAND if you do not have a GPS lock (the flight mode and GPS lock status are visible in the Mission Planner’s flight data screen).

My Test.
Stabilize Mode, Safety Switch not pressed machine not armed. Receiver off. Fail Safe.
Stabilize Mode, Safety Switch Pressed Machine Armed and throttled up. Fail Safe Land.(No GPS Fix)
Stabilize Mode, Safety Switch Pressed Machine Armed and throttled up. Fail Safe RTL.(GPS Fix)

Hope this helps.

PS I updated the Manual with what I have learned about Fail Safe and Skydroid.

3 Likes

I like the Flag, suddenly I think of Diego Maradona lol

1 Like
  • Will the holder accommodate a Samsung Tab A tablet (155 mm/ 6.1")?
  • Is the gimbal stick spring tension is adjustable? Is it about the size of what Taranis uses?

Thanks for the info.