Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

I use a 7 inch ASUS Zenpad with no problem. Also a Samsung S9 and I have tried an Ipad Mini all with no issues. I did have to tighten the holder for the Zenpad as its a heavy Tablet, but it really wasn’t’ a problem.

1 Like

Im going to remove props and check, thanks for quick investigate

1 Like

I accomodate a 9.7 samsung S3 tablet and fix, video upper this post

1 Like

Ricky perhaps add tablet sizes that fix on the transmitter to manual?

1 Like

Something like this

1 Like

Or can someone measure the widest the holder can be opened to?

About 162mm ish, is about as wide as the clamp will open. It also turns so you can go width of the tablet or height of the tablet.

The manual has been updated.

1 Like

Hey when you get your Fail Safe working. Can you have a look at the manual and lets work together to tweak the fail safe section.

muchas gracias

1 Like

So… today it was a better day regarding the weather, although not ideal, sub freezing and hazy, my plane got back a little wet.
But… first flight, first 5km out without any problems, 100% rssi all the way. I had to get back so soon because of the weather and my plane developing an annoying right lean in FBWA. All flight controlled from inside my car.
Anyway, I am very pleased and waiting for a better day to push it further.
Thanks Skydroid!

1 Like

onwards and upwards well done you have a nice whisky to warm you up

1 Like

Hey Romeo.
What part of the world are you in. Your description of the weather makes it sound like your next door. lol
Glad to hear the unit performed well. 100% RSSI at 5km would be unheard of with a Taranis. I fly out 3 km and get RTL all the time, not with this unit.

1 Like

Bucharest/Romania/East Europe :slight_smile:
Yeah, I’m a Taranis user myself, and although I could push it to 5km, I would have lost telemetry long before that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome thanks for letting me know.
We have someone in Argentina, Finland Scotland Canada…the family grows.

2 Likes

The traditional model remote control still needs to disconnect the battery to charge, set up some things, connect some wires, and buy some mobile phone supports that are very inconvenient to carry. DJI’s products are not upgrading model equipment, but a complete industrial design.

3 Likes

A Taranis does not require to disconnect the battery to be charged. Any electronic equipement needs charging anyway. I am not sure what is your point here about battery charging. It does not seem very relevant about our discussion for an external module to plug on the back of a Taranis radio. Or did I miss something ?

No mobile phone or tablet is required nor mandatory for Ardupilot users who are using mission planner or Qgroundcontrol (or some other ground control software) on a computer.

1 Like

Exactly. This is why a Skydroid Taranis module, combined with their existing receiver would be a great solution for all of us!

1 Like

Hugues,as you say there is no mandatory requirement for a tablet,but we chose to purchase this system to allow us to use a tablet that is our choice,there are other systems that can work with the X9D very well, both the RFD and the Crossfire to name 2 of them,

IS this sort of what your talking about.

1 Like

The M12L is “only” an RC system with telemetry. Which video system does SkyDroid recommend if you want to achieve the same range as possible with the M12L?

For example, I fly Dragonlink as an RC system and have a 1.3 GHz video system. With my equipment and in my environment about 30 km are possible.

I like the M12L because it is compact. But the video should not be inferior …

1 Like

Nobody and certainly not me said anything against your choice. May I request a new functionality without it being wrongly interpreted as “against your choice” ? Yes I can, thank you.