Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

I fit the antennas like this, yhey go unther the batts any suggestion is welcome

If you have the ability of using some zip ties somewhere and then shrink wrap or electric tape the wires to the zip ties I have found that to work very well keeping antennas stable and out of any rotor wash.

1 Like

Rx is well ventilated but, at the moment no temp issues with new firm, Im going to check again in longer flys

1 Like

Glad to hear its working well for you. I too found the sticks more sensitive, but I thats a learning curve.
My receiver had the original large antenna which where useless in my humble opinion. So I swapped them out for these.

I happen to have a number of them to replace 2.4 ghz antenna on so FrSky receivers that i had on some racing quadsā€¦I crash a lot and subsequently broke a lot.
These antenna are much smaller and gave me a nice tidy foot print on my quad.
I am very pleased to see your airborne and its all working well for you. Keep us in the loop.

2 Likes

I appreciate larger antennas for bigger airplanes and this ones for quads, this small ones sometimes are difficult to fit in larger planes and I hope (not shure) that they have longer range and the ability to play with different antennas only unscrew them and replace. Have different choices for different uses looks an interesting thing.

Flexibility is the secret to success. :grin:

1 Like

I couldnĀ“t make radio failsafe work yet, any advice? ThankĀ“s

Can you document what your settings are. I will check the radio Fail safe in the morning and let you know how it works for me.

This is a difficult choice. Between simplicity and versatility, I chose to stick to my idea.

2 Likes

Translate it to English

Yes small and light is fever topic

1 Like

Not sure what you want translated sorry

I respect your choice,no problem to me.
But personally I canā€™t spend 299$ for a new radio when I already have a Taranis to use and I just need the long range+integrated telemetry transceiver module.

Also take into account that if FrSky sees this opportunity, they will be quick to produce such external module to plug on the back of the Taranis. And they have the means you probably do not have to crush the marketā€¦

Cala, I have set the channel 3 failsafe value to 900, the other to 1500 and mine works as it should, if I turn the radio off, pixhawk goes into RTL.

1 Like

Hi Huges,it is his choice and our choice like so many things we have many options and take the road we like,after the disastrous R9M from FrSky I would not really trust any thing new they brought to market untill it had been well tested by end userā€™s.
With the Skydroid you have direct access to the developer on here and as we all no ā€œFRSKYā€™sā€ after sales support is the very worst,I am great TBS fan boy but see this product as suiting all my needs and will do my best to support it.
You are entitled to your opinion and thoughts and I will say the frsky radios are good but its the peripherals that let it down,I am sure you will get what you require and enjoy your flying

Im going to try again, I hope I have the others in 900 too, thanks Romeo

Actually the other channels should be set 1500, that is neutral or center, you do not want it pitching or rolling to one side, the flight modes channel I have it also at 1500 and RTL set on that position in pixhawk.

2 Likes

I tested Failsafe this morning. I set mine up nearly the same as Romeo_E did. My throttle value was different but the affect was the same. Works fine.
Saving the settings writes the values into the receiver so when the transmitter is off the receiver outputs the failsafe value. Setting the value to a lower number on the receiver then 10 points above that in Mission planner works great. I also agree with Romeo about 1500 as the center valueā€¦for the remaining channels.
I will document this and get it into our manual.

Happy flying.

1 Like

ThankĀ“s I changed when I was trying to calibrate APM and I hope some failsafe numbers change, Im going to check that. I check failsafe with logs because if I turn off the transmitter, Mission planner obiously disconnet, other way you do?

1 Like

I plugged my pc direct into the flight controller and tested fail safe that way. I set the values and saved the values then turned off the transmitter. This forced the machine into failsafe and I could observe that on my pc.

One note of cautionā€¦once you turn off the transmitter the app disconnects and doesnā€™t reconnect unless you exit and reopen. You may have found that out already.

3 Likes