Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

yea thats good next thing will bw the mini fpv box its all coming along nice can you please link me the manual again

Here ya go Marty

Thank you kind sir will book mark it

You add that is possible to rotate?

I added how to tighten the Tablet/Phone mount.

1 Like

Does this telemetry transfer via the 2.4Ghz remote control link support mavlink ? There is no documentation about the Tx/Rx serial port specifications. Is it a transparent transfer ? A proprietary protocol ?

1 Like

Hugues what is it your wanting to figure out.

The device is transferring Mavlink data between the two devices. Now how it gets sent, I can’t say, Cao may have a better answer. But it’s mavlink data.
The receiver uses a standard serial connection to a telemetry port on the flight controller and at the hand held the tablet makes a Bluetooth connection to the phone or tablet and routes mavlink data to it.
At the moment the community is using Mission Maker, Tower, Mission Planner and Qgroundcontrol in the UAV ops.

2 Likes

Hugues, I have one unit near to flight, connection work well on ground and with all ground softwares

2 Likes

Thanks. I posted too fast before reading the whole thread and then realized it supports mavlink no problem.

What I really would love is this system with a transceiver unit that can be plugged on the external bay of a Taranis and be able to use OpenTx for switch mixing. That would be a killer !

1 Like

I hope the idea is that we use the app more than the radio and stay the harware very simple

DJI didn’t have a hybrid function, and he knew that using an app. iPhone’s non-replaceable battery was also considered a wrong design at the time. DJI was the first to change and achieved great success.
下

:relieved::relieved:

1 Like

Are you removing the Com Port drop down is that what this is.

1 Like

I hope is the button that not choice 11, over com port

1 Like

Talking about design, you should allow all Taranis users (which is probably 99% in the drone community) to benefit from your unique selling point which is to transmit telemetry in the RC radio band for a long range. Your hardware radio control part (the gimbals, the frame and switches) is in my opinion your weak point versus what people are used to with a Taranis.
I believe that you will not sell large volumes of your excellent product if people have to replace their Taranis by your radio hardware. Do you imagine how many units you would sell if you allowed Taranis user to benefit from your tech ?

Why not leave a choice and propose two versions ? one with your radio hardware, another one with a external module that can be plugged in a Taranis.

Just a thought to enable your excellent product to the maximum. I like it very much! (and would like to try it too of course).

The ability to get Telemetry on your Taranis already exists.
I have on my taranis all telemetry using the Craft and Theory system and an X8r Receiver on the drone. The problem with this system is it doesn’t give you the application interface. It just gives you a graphical display on whats going on with the drone. Setting it up is pretty easy.

1 Like

yea had telemetry for long time on my X9D,the craft and tTheory is good so is the Yaapi one,ile soon have my M12 ye he

Hi, guys.
I’m really impressed with this radio system… I’m currently working on a micro-quad aimed to academic research. Laws in Brazil are very restrict for formal use of UAVs that weights more than 250g. I did a micro-quad with 210g that flies for 21-22min. I’m using FrSky R9 MM receiver, which promisses up to 10km range. Obviously, my micro-quad will not fly for more than 10km distance, but would be nice to have this radio system on it. So, @SKYDROID, do you have plans to launch an ultra-small receiver, like the FrSky R9 MM, without connectors and PWM outputs, only with solder pins? I was thinking about to do a “surgery” in this one you have, but it is risky… :slight_smile: Congrats for this radio system, @SKYDROID. I think community will receive it with arms wide open!

2 Likes

Yes a smaller receiver would be very nice,though I think it requier’s the antenna’s that are all ready there

Today wheather forecast promises a nice flying day, It wasn´t true but still flyable so went outside and manually configured (perhaps one day I can do autotune) Check stab, pos hold and rtl, all looks worked well with wind, nothing strange with the radio, sticks looks more sensitive than my Hithec Aurora, looks interesting for racer too, perhaps good @maroquio idea to reduce size for the racer, I hope is not difficult to diy, I have to wait next year to buy more rx for our outside comercial restrictions , Im going to try when I can buy more,…just in case not destroy the only I have now :wink: