Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Caoxueyu. The file doesn’t seem to open, says it’s invalid. However even if it did open we don’t know what to do with it. We don’t have instructions on firmware upgrades to the receiver.
We have the inline function but I don’t know if that addresses the receiver.

1 Like

Thanks Patrick.
One or two of the community will be trying the long distance shortly and so we will have an idea of the units performance. I would agree that the original reason for the post hasn’t been answered yet. But your right we are all keeners that are working together to see how this system works out. Helping each other where we can which is the spirit of this hobby.

This product is new and just getting into the hands of users now, that can test it. I imagine it will take a little time to before the vendors statement can be proven or proven false. Either way the results to date have been pretty good. Tom_fly has done 17 km which in the world I live in is pretty outstanding. Still it’s not 60 km.

We shall see, in the mean time we shall continue to assist each other.

1 Like

Change the suffix to. rar

1 Like

I gave away some free samples, and I don’t think they have any long-distance airplanes. But the data of 60 km and the power of 100 MW are actually tested. I believe my test. I will record detailed videos the next time I fly 80 km. RF test

1 Like

If anyone needs a ZIP file I posted it here

I have no real clue how to do this yet. If anyone tries it and is successful. Let me know so we can get it documented. There is a “read it.png” file that shows what the tool interface is like…but I am not sure yet how it works

1 Like

Unzip, then open skydroid update and follow the prompts in read it. png

1 Like

yes I see that but it’s unclear to me if I plug the USB into the receiver or the transmitter …or both and update them one at a time

1 Like

thank you Caoxueyu,for keeping us up to speed,Anthony people are still getting used to the system and one person on here has committed to a long range flight,Patrick like you I see a few good people on here that want to take this project forward both for themselves and to promote the Skydroid M12,I think what Ricky and Tom are doing is brilliant.
Im about to order one on the 15th of this month,so hopefully can put some input in I will also get a FUAC Mini FPV box very start of year as xmas gets in way of my money.
From my poin a couple of things,firstly the way Tom and Ricky have gone about this project it is just amazing with you taking an interest Patrick it adds to the equation and finally with Caoxueyu honest answers and very promt replies ang general input we have a winner here.
A very big thank you to you all,Marty.

1 Like

update them one at a time

1 Like

So opening the app.
Connect your PC to the Micro USB port on the Hand Held Unit.
Select the first item in the drop down.
2018_12_08_10_27_29_%E9%A3%8E%E8%BF%8E%E5%9B%BA%E4%BB%B6%E5%8D%87%E7%BA%A7%E5%8A%A9%E6%89%8B
Next select your comport.I think your setting the com port that the hand held is on.
Click on check for an online update
Click the update button to load the firmware.
Repeat for the receiver.

1 Like

We are all keen on thinking, learning and helping. And it’s interesting.

1 Like

Transmitter upgrade. 1. Connect PC and transmitter with data line. 2. Press A long and turn on. 3. Open skydroid update. 4. Don’t choose m11. 5. Choose com port, if not, you can install STM32 driver in the compression package. 6. Click on the online check update button, and the transmitter will make a sound. 7. There will be launch and online versions. 8. If there is an update, click the update button at the bottom. Waiting for the progress bar to complete, the transmitter restarts.

1 Like

Receiver upgrade. 1. Ensure that the receiver is not powered on. 2. Connect PC and receiver with data line. 3. Open skydroid update. 4. Don’t choose m11. 5. Choose com port, if not, you can install STM32 driver in the compression package. 6, click on the online check update button, 7, there will be the receiver version and online version. 8. If there is an update, click the update button at the bottom. Wait for the progress bar to complete and the receiver to restart.

1 Like

I just did the Hand Held unit firmware update and it was super easy.
I need sometime to do the receiver as its buried in a drone and will take some time to get at it. I will do that later today.
I have updated the post above on how to do the upgrade.

Easy Peasey.

Manual has been updated with what I learned today.

1 Like

100% true so interesting and keeps the brain thinking

I found the answer to rssi signal that skydroid comment at firsts posts, that only trasmitter provides rssi, difficult that I found rx rssi lol, perhaps you can add to manual Ricky?
Sorry to ask answered questions😳

1 Like

No worries Cala2. Been a lot of exchanges on this forum, easy to miss it.
I added that as an FAQ

2 Likes

Quick update on my M12L progress:
I finally made the time to configure my receiver and install on my zero-turn mower in my shop. Unfortunately, it is raining like crazy all weekend, so I’m not sure when I will field test. I did actuate the servos on the mower and all worked well. Also used bluetooth from my PC running Mission Planner for the telemetry through the M12L which is really cool and significantly faster than the Hobbypower 3DR 433 MHz telemetry kit. Oh, and I updated the firmware in both the transmitter and receiver, following the documentation. All was fast and easy, other than guessing what buttons to press in the Windows Chinese updater for the receiver! I used the Android App over bluetooth to update the transmitter (English).

My current remote control is a modest RadioLink T8FB. I get about 1600 feet (~500m) of range. I am looking forward to seeing what I can get with the M12L. I use my mower on parts of a 500 acre farm and would like to get about a mile range. Of course, I will have the problem of terrain and trees, so I really have some doubts. My test won’t translate very well to what an airborne vehicle will see, but I will certainly keep you guys posted.

Thanks @rickyg32 for the English manual!

Kenny

2 Likes

really nice project Kenny hope it all works out for you and keep us posted

I finish too late yesterday with silly RSSI , so I update today my unit, Transmitter very easy as Skydroid instructions, com port was blank so I installed usb driver too, If you choose the incorrect one, windows alert you so no possible mistake: with receiver, I follow instructions too but this window appears and nothing happens when I click update button.

So I close the update app and open again and all work nice, the two units updated. :smile:
I´m the dummy tester so if work for me, works easy for everyone :wink:

1 Like