Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

or Karpalo! :smiley: Early of next year I have fixed wing fpv platform, with that it is much easier to do long ranges without suck a risk compared with quad/hexa. If some1 breaks 20km it is big cheer!

I wont be going 17km but will be going a fair distance cant wait to get the system

in practise 5km or 17km is just matter of minutes, but you know that aircraft have a value, and that creates problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tom if you go the 60kmā€¦please record it record it record it.
In fact if you have any long range tests, recording it and posting it would be great

1 Like

I have pixhawk 4 blackbox recording all the time, but I think with current setup 60km is out of range. Itā€™d take almost 30-40 minutes flying, and back. In practice impossibleā€¦

1 Like

At what altitude AGL?

150m, it is under safe zoneā€¦

1 Like

Yea Tom and Rick I get 17 mins flying with my we 7 onch quad on a 6250 li on batt and thats a bit of reserve in it

quads just canā€™t do it. Fixed would make a differenceā€¦

1 Like

This is my next major project, just on a slightly smaller scale.
At least thats my hope.

2 Likes

wow! vtol and 3-4m ? Not bad, there is flying time measured in hoursā€¦ 4 maby?

1 Like

Yeah I am working on drawings right now. My wife and I are moving house next year so this may get put on teh back burner. Plus I have my SAR drone to finalize as well.

1 Like

have you looked at https://www.foxtechfpv.com/ ? they have pretty good answers for long range systemsā€¦

1 Like

yes very familiar with them
I like to design and build so itā€™s way I never bought a bird from them.

1 Like

I like about vtol Nimbus design from them, it keeps developing all the time, and size of it isnā€™t pretty large. Also Nimbus without vtol-features is just great as well

1 Like

Congrats Tom for your results, I saw that quads has more interferences than fixed wings so with that distance on a quad we have lot of fun :smiley: , Im waiting less wind to take of with an airplane and have a crazy idea to push the unit to limit without risk.

1 Like

Yeah, Quads are great while props have rotation and power, after that flying characteristics are comparable with falling stone;D

2 Likes

I have a friend that fly real gliders, I speak with him to carry a unit connected to a pix and a servo and check response and read rssi, I stay far from Him and check with the radio and mission planner, I need suggestions to show skydroid and community that my results are thrue

1 Like

how to actually show results are true ? it is pretty mission impossible. It is very easy just to fly unit far away from you and notice the distance. But in practise how to demostrate it in videos ? What about if there is stronger signal currently blocking the tests, 100mw is very weak signal so you have to have LOS all the time.

2 Likes

Everything works in Hi Def now, so yours and mine fatsharks are a bit of an anachonism, but there is a hell of a lot of 5.8 GHz goggles out there, so I guess the across the board answer is a tiny dongle that fits onto the HDMI port and generates a low power 5.8 GHZ 4.3 or variable formatted signal. However if they simply supply 3.7v and composite video via a 3.5mm plug a DIY 10$ solution becomes easy and possible for those of us with fatsharks and nice and neat for those with a 3d printerā€¦

1 Like