Loiter flightmode not stable

Hi guys it seems that I am trying to fly my quad in loiter mode and its not stable. It keeps moving around. I have a good GPS connection I think. Can anyone help me here with what I am doing wrong? I am attaching the log also

Thanks a lot in advance

Hello @Abrew_Abraham_Alex ,welcome to the community

How have you configured and tuned the vehicle?

A correct tune is required to achive good and stable loiter performance.

Sometimes, if you are really, really lucky if also performs well without tuning. But it is not performing well, so obviously you where not thst lucky.

The good news is that it is simple to cofigure and tune if you are willing to do it.

If possible, update your firmware to the latest. I’m not sure about this Crossflight controller so I don’t know if that’s an option.

Fix the vibrations, they are too high. This will need to be done before any tuning fixes can really make a difference.

Once that’s sorted then work through the process here: https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/how-to-methodically-configure-and-tune-any-arducopter/110842 and update the tune.

1 Like

See the 2nd warning. Unsupported.
Unsupported FC

2 Likes

Yup, that’s the one I was thinking about. I went to the wrong radiolink page and missed it. Thanks @dkemxr

yeah. i was made only aware of this after I bought this FC. It is quite nice for the price. Is there any guide that can help me to reduce vibrations? Thanks in advance

What? The Radiolink claimed “Vibration Damping By Software” isn’t doing the job?

I would suggest replacing it with a supported H7 based flight controller.

1 Like

Vibrations are a mechanical or aerodynamic issue, not software. Start with the easy stuff, your props and motors. Make sure they’re perfect. Look at the mounting of the controller and make sure that there aren’t any wires pulling or bouncing on it. If you have good quality, stiff airframe then more than likely the controller should be hard mounted or taped directly to the board. If the airframe is flexible in anyway … good luck.

1 Like

In other words: read section 1 of the “How to methodically configure and tune any ArduCopter” Blog post.