Lidar in AltHold

@rmackay9
Also did an Autotune on the Pitch Roll before that, btw… But yes let me find that log. I will get back to you… Before: SanderLeliveldGH/dronelogshare/blob/master/2 1-1-1980 01-00-00.bin
After: https://github.com/SanderLeliveldGH/dronelogshare/blob/master/testvlucht_2020-01-07.bin

Additional flight information:

Hi,

Do I misunderstand? Do you suggest not to use the range finder for Altitude?
Currently my EK2_ALT_SOURCE = 0 (Baro) - I haven’t set it yet to the rangefinder (I have the CW20 -seems quite reliable), but sometimes my Barometer behaves quite strange (-4m, and figures like this:

• so I’m considering to use the range finder.
    What do you suggest?
    Thanks,

Szabolcs

I don’t know if it’s helps in this Situation, but my Benewake TFmini Plus makes sometimes trouble with different surfaces. Maybe you should just use another rangefinder and test again.

Hello.
So basically. Is there an option to have a lidar connected, providing readings for IRlock (because if i am not mistaken irlock wont work without it), BUT make sure, the drone itself wont use lidar for height controll?
Because i have EK2 enabled
EK2_altsource to 0 (baro)
EK2_RNG_USE_HGT tried to set to -1,0,1
Yet with all these settings the drone uses lidar when in range. (tested with obstacle below drone)
So i guess right now there is no option to use lidar only for irlock purposes.
What if i set lidar max range to for example 10m? Will then ir lock work only under 10m?