Large HexaCopter tunning help. Throttle power hard to control

Hi All
I am helping a family member with a build of a large hexacopter based on the E616P frame from effort tech > http://www.effort-tech.com/en/e6s
We are using Pixhawk 6c and HobbyWing X8 motor/esc combo running 3011 props > XRotor X8
It is powered by 22000mah(12S) battery.
We managed to get the drone up in the air but the operator is having difficulties with the throttle level. The drone goes up, overshoots and we cannot get it to hover under manual control. We are litteraly fighting the throttle stick trying to hold altitude or land this thing.
It had few hard landings and as a result the aluminium legs got bent.

In the spirit of “you built it, you own it” I am now trying to learn how to tune the drone. This is my second drone, first one was small 3.5 inch running betaflight and it just worked out of the gate…

I somewhat understand the concept of inertia so I am asking for help with getting this thing to fly more calmly before we start the autotune.

Thanks.

I saw someone say “no logs no gravy” so here are the logs of our last few attempts.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wk5NU6-S7_1V3l2gt8EOcSAWGn6i9f53?usp=sharing

That’s certainly true and it’s also true that if you post a link to more than 1 log you need to identify which one shows the relevant issue.

Thanks Dave. 00000038.BIN should contain our last flight. The landing gear absorbed most of the impact and got bent. We stopped the testing until it gets fixed.

Does your operator have flight experience? In that log it’s Full Throttle to No throttle. Is there one of those logs where some kind of Hover was achieved?

The drone operator owns couple of small drones and has license from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority here in Australia. As the drone goes up he is trying to stabilize it by lowering the throttle. The drone then goes down hard and then he pushes the throttle stick so it does not crash. After few times this becomes to extreme. Min and Max for the motors have been configured… He cannot find the middle position and hold altitude, ping pong scenario.

It’s difficult to know what the Hover thrust value is in these logs with the wild swings in throttle. But, try setting these:
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10
PSC_ACCZ_I,0.4
PSC_ACCZ_P,0.2

You would typically want to initially fly in Stabilize mode but you could try to take-off in AltHold.