Landing gear servos not travelling far enough

Here’s a log file. Cube orange is on the desk, I’m using AUX2, and the Tarot gear controller is powered directly by a charged 6S battery. All control is done through Mission Planner connected via USB. Link below to the log file. Thanks for your help!

At the beginning of the log the gear is extended (already extended and pwm is set low), then I retracted the gear, let it do its things for a bit (erratic movements), and finally extended again. When the gear is extended, there is no unwanted movement.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E0VwzETiPDUsa_GKvd5osVcV8kHpztgv/view?usp=share_link

I cant see anything wrong in the log regarding the landing gear. The Servo10 output looks exactly as expected.
Try changing SERVO10_MAX,1800 up to 1900 or 2000 and see what the effect is.

I’ll give that a shot later this afternoon. Think it could be possibly related to the Cube being connected via USB?

No, the PWM output looks solid. Set up RC and test with that.

@xfacta I went for a short maiden flight today. Didn’t get a chance to set up RC but did notice the landing gear did the same thing in the air. It was set to retract at 10m and deploy at 5m. Also odd, on RTL about mid-way through the landing sequence, the quadcopter started yawing uncontrollably until I took it out of RTL. I did notice that the landing gear was trying to figure out where it needed to be right before this happened. Log below. Any ideas?

I’ll be testing this again tomorrow after I attempt an auto-tune.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eHczUBO5MHw2ioy1cI2FXm7j9u_PGsoA/view?usp=sharing

Just a thought here, perhaps related, perhaps not.
Years ago had that sort of problem with a servo powered camera gimbal. Was doing odd jitter movement at various times.
Eventually discovered my telemetry transmitter was causing RF interference which directly impacted on servo wires.
Solution: Shielded telemetry transmitter with aluminium foil and twisted all servo wires as well as motor wires (also ESC wires of course).

Have been using 2 different types of Tarot landing gear since then without any problem.

1 Like