Kakute F7 AIO S.Port Telemetry

I’ve just answered you… Thanks!

hi, i am not sure what is the deal there. it should work with what you got. i am really not sure why you get nothing.
try flashing this file, if you used standard one - it is a same one, this is what i use on my F7 models.
i hope it has same motors order, so double check how motors will fire up with it flashed in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jMDAlrj7uYI2fUslr5Qc5z4sukIqE4oF/view?usp=sharing

on r-xsr i usually connect sbus.out to RX6 and TX6 connects to s.port. SERIAL6_OPTIONS,7 means we invert both rx/tx and 3rd bit sets half-duplex protocol to work on TX6. as i did not try it on that r9 slim - i am not sure what it may want. try to google if any software/firmware update is needed for taranis and that module. check if it indeed uses an inverted s.port input - if not, instead of 7 you can try non-inverted value of 4.

do you at least get RX part working? do you get sbus input from the radio recognized on the RX6? it has nothing to do with the telemetry setting and must work.

Hi! Yes… Rx6 is working to receive sbus out. I will try to use some different firmware. In 2 weeks I will receive the R9 mm, that have an uninverted s.port. What is this file in the link? Is it your Arducopter firmware? Why the apj extension?

You can flash .apj file with the MP program.

Hi…
I’ve tried with your firmware but it did not work too. I will wait the R9 MM arrive and do the last try. If it does not work, I will abandon Kakute F7. Anyway, thanks a lot, Paul.
Regards!

Hi, everyone.
So… My R9 MM arrived today and it have a Inverted S.Port pin. I used it and now telemetry works on my Taranis. R9 Slim definitely did not work. R9 MM worked using Rx6/Tx6 with SERIAL6_PROTOCOL=10 and SERIAL6_OPTIONS=4. Thanks to Paul Atkin for helping me try…
Regards!

1 Like

no prob, glad it worked out… but, it is very odd for r9 slim not to work. it should have not been any difference.

Yes, I agree. Anyway, R9 MM fits better in my assembly and is 2g lighter. :slight_smile:
Regards!

So just to close the loop on this because I have a Kakute F7 AIO coming and using an R9 slim. On the standard Sbus output it would be Serial6_option 7 right?

Yes… With 7 it should work, but I don’t know what I did wrong. R9 Slim definitely did not work with me. R9 MM worked perfectly…

7 works for inverted s.port input. 4 only enforces half-duplex but no inversion. R-xsr uses 7

2 Likes

You are right. The R9 Slim doesn’t work in any port configuration. Very dissapoinyed to have to buy another Rx. I have a full size R9 I will try just to see if it works. A bit large.

Ah the hell with it I ordered an R9 MM. This is quite maddening…

did you check if that r9 slim had correct firmware? or, what could also be a good check - you can try it with betaflight, but, i would doubt it.
i think i saw something like that in the early r9 related threads that firmware was needed to be updated on those units. part of the reason i did not open neither one of mine yet- still waiting for others to do most of the legwork. :slight_smile:

I previously reported that with a hardware hack I had it working. Now that inversion code is available I’ve decided to change over, but I can’t get it to work…
I’ve soldered s.port from my X4R to T4
SERIAL4_BAUD 57
SERIAL4_OPTIONS 7
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL 10

SBUS from receiver is R5 - this works fine
GPS is on Serial3
What am I missing?

Thanks!

dunno, should have worked. i presume it is an F7 kakute you use, not an F4? only F7 chips can control uart output programmatically. you can try using usart 1 or 3 to make sure it is not something hardware related, but, on one of my units i use uart4 to feed out pass-through frsky into yaapu script.

I did try what they are calling FCC Beta firmware but as other have reported it’s junk. At least as it applies to the R9 Slim anyway. The Failsafe Mode (No pulses, Hold, etc) does not work properly making it foolish to use. I have to say the firmware situation with the R9 system is a mess.

Yes, it’s an F7
Good point, I’ll try the other ports

Ok, so when I moved S.Port onto T2 it works fine.
I’m now hoping I haven’t blown T4 & T6, although it’s odd as sbus is working nicely on R6

You can try connecting gps to uart4 to check. There were some initial issues with code not working on uarts but working on usarts, not sure. Last version that is in current master worked on all ports.

Ricardo-Do you have RSSI on Sbus Chan 16 with your R9MM? I’m using the firmware it came with and I believe I configured the RSSI parameters properly but the PWM value is max at all times.

Edit: OK the RSSI PWM does actually work, the problem is when the radio is turned off it holds the last value. All other channels behave correctly with “No Pulses” set. This makes it impossible to accurately set the PWM low range. Not a big deal I guess RSSI is on the Tx anyway but it would nice to have for logs.

BTW-The R9MM passthrough telemetry worked as you described. There is some problem with the R9 Slim firmware I suppose. Frsky firmware is a mess.