Jumper Xiake 800 Flight Controller

Can anyone comment on how close the ESCs are to where a compass/GPS combo would be installed? I wonder if the ESCs would cause interference with a compass, which may be why Jumper decided to not include the GPS. Perhaps @tinyspot can comment?

I would be surprised if there was sufficient thrust/authority for multirotor modes on 3S.

It does include GPS. The module is just aft of the Flight Controller.

Thanks for the info Dave. I guess i could try a 4s li ion pack (maybe some molicell ones).

All three ESCs are about five inches from the installed GPS.

Iā€™m planning on trying to add a windspeed sensor and a magnetometer near one of the wingtips. Iā€™ll use the I2C connection included in the GPS connection to communicate with these sensors. Hopefully I can mount the magnetometer far enough from the motors to get useable data.

3 Likes

Heed this if considering Li-ion batteries tooā€¦

I went to try to fly mine again after replacing the left tilt servo (which was triggering reboots)
Unfortunately the right tilt servo is now a problem, as shown in this video:

Iā€™ll need to replace the right tilt servo as well

Thanks @ddegn this is some of the information I have been looking for!

I am looking forward to seeing your set-up. Keep posting information.

1 Like

That sure looks odd.

Have you tried using the servo with a servo tester?

Thanks for sharing the video.

Do LiIon packs cause more magnetic interference than LiPo packs?

I thought the main source of magnetic interference was from the motors (including the motors inside servos). I wouldnā€™t have thought the battery details matter with regards to magnetic interference.

They definitely do. And each pack can be a bit different in this regard which can also be problematic. People using Li-ion on small multirotors often have issues due to tight packaging. I know I have on a sub 250g quad. If I use the same battery every time and use Magfit for the calibration and compass motor interference itā€™s OK.

If you put an external compass board out on the wing as you suggest Iā€™m sure it will be fine in any case. I have used what are generically called the GY-271 compass boards.

1 Like

Hello everyone! New guy, both to the board and the hobby.

I have a question about the xiake fc. Does anyone know if there is a spare UART available for connecting additional hardware? Looks like there isnā€™t one on the connectors, but maybe with a bit of soldering?

Thanks!

I think your best chance of adding additional devices via an UART would be to use the connectors provided. If youā€™re not using the DJI connector, you could likely repurpose the RX, TX and SBUS lines. If you use the DJI connector and use it with the DJI remote, then the CRSF port could be repurposed. The SBUS port is also available.

Two of the PWM OUT lines arenā€™t used by the aircraft as received. Channel #1 and channel #6 lead to solder pads on the back of the power distribution PCB. One of these lines is intended for LEDs but it may be possible to use this as an UART. I donā€™t know enough about the microcontroller used to know if the PWM pins can be repurposed as UARTs are not so Iā€™m not sure how this would work.

There may be unused pins on the microcontroller which could be used as an UART but Iā€™d be hesitant to try this myself. The pitch of the microcontrollerā€™s pins sure looks tight (Iā€™m guessing the pitch is 0.5mm). If thereā€™s a spare pin on the microcontroller, youā€™ll need a thin wire and a steady hand to solder to the correct pin.

2 Likes

Iā€™m likely not going to buy one of these, but Iā€™d like to review the config from the setup, can someone post it thanx.

Hey @Tinyspot! Any sign of the manual? It has been 9 days since this post and a month since I first asked about a manual (email on the 8th November)ā€¦ Many would welcome an official manual useful.

5 Likes

Surely Lee with the demand for a manual,would it not be A good idea for you to do a full build and setup video to help us all and it would increase viewerā€™s to your channel

1 Like

Hi All.

Does anyone know what the max current draw in vertical flight modes is?

Thanks

Hello All,

just received my RTR xiake800, the jumper t pro radio is in Chinese language, may i know where could i get the english version. thanks.

Hi Dave.

Gal Kremer has kindly provided a link to the english voice packs you require. See the video Jumper XIAKE 800 VTOL - First Look & Overview - YouTube . My one now talks English!

1 Like