Jumper Xiake 800 Flight Controller

Don’t think you have to flash newer firmware. If you page up near the top of the thread you will see a post from a Developer showing a graph of RPM.

great thanks for pointing it out Dave

Hi all,

Was curious if anyone had installed the upgraded jumper flight controller? Was it an improvement on the original one?

Good day,
since last week I am the owner of the XIAKE 800. That’s how long I’ve been trying to get it to run. The documentation was very clear: there was none. He can not be armed by me. At first I suspected the receiver

In the meantime I am not sure anymore. I read a lot of hints, instructions and ideas in Ardupilot.org, but I don’t really get further. In parallel I emailed the dealer in China.
I am grateful for help.
I have attached a link to a logfile.
See you later

Now I have disabled the arming for testing. It is now armed, but the motors do not turn. They don’t even twitch. When testing in the mission planner, they spin fine. All other functions are there.

Hello, I got the XIAKE 800 last week and would like to download the latest original firmware. What is the best way to do this?
Thanks in advance

A bit misleading. I meant download the current firmware from the flight controller.

Yes finally i have the setup good with the upgrade Jumper flight controller. Because there is also no manual with the upgrade controller, it take a while to figured it out. The main setup was the servo output and specially from the tilt-motor servo’s. Because i am more like a newbe i watch the setup from the old flight controller in Mision Planner. But now he is good. I have done 4 flight test and also with a 2 bf wind. Looks like in Q-stabalize its a little more stable, but i said a little. Steering in hover mode just a little difficult, just like the old one. So is it a improvement? I don’t know maybe i am now a more better pilot as before. I had more than 20 flights with the old flight controller. One day plane crashed very hard by switching from Q-stabalize to FBWA, also a windy day. Damage was very big, i had to rebuild the plane with a new fuselage. I have 2 Xiake 800. The second plane also crashed very hard by swiching from FBWA to Cruise mode. Reason why he crashed i still don’t know. The only reason was maybe what Budgie has wrote in Discord: I had the power from the vtx set from 200mw to 800mw. Now i leave on both planes my VTX on 200mw. Also the second plane crash was big, Fuselage damage, also rebuild this plane with new fuselage, but he has the old flight controller. So once again, is the new upgrade jumper flight controller better? Now i said no, maybe after more flight test and more compare with my other plane with the old flight controller, i shall than give an update. I forgat to say looks like the upgrade flight ontroller with aslo the upgrade powerboard ( you must buy both, the old powerboard can you not connect on the upgrade flight controller) uses more power than the old powerboard. I think my flight is now 3 a 4 minutes shorter

2 Likes

Hi, I’m just curious why my VTX Walksnail is still in standby mode after arming throttle.

Have you had any success in the meantime? I would also like to flash an official BLHeli version to remove all shackles and possibly install BlueJay as well.
But unfortunately I don’t know which target to use either… :unamused:

Sorry no, dshot600 works as I’m using it.

Do you have a link to where you purchased the new power board from?

I have the new controller.

Here is the link where i bought from: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005005582913836.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.42.21ef79d20RyWaM&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld But i see no stock anymore

1 Like

By the way my Xiake 800 crashed very hard (again) The one with the uprgrade fc and upgrade powerboard. Looks like the tailmotor stops to late if i switch to fbwa . I had it before, the first time it crash and had a little damage, i could glue the fuselage and had to change one tilt servo. After that i had number of good fly test. But by the last test again and i was to slow switching back to Q-stabelize, and crash very hard. Again fuselage total damage. Also one conector from powerboard on fc damage. I think i stop putting money in the Xiake 800. I still got one Xiake 800 with the old fc.

Thanks, I’ll message them.

That doesn’t sound good. I have not even gotten beyond the hover so far. The USB-C port broke off when I plugged in the USB cable. The solder joint must have been defective. I sent the flight controller to the dealer in China under warranty. Should I better put in the Speedybee F405 Wing as well? I am not sure.

Mine is flying well, replaced the fc with matek f765 wlite and a new m10 gps/compass. If you want to do the same I can share my config.

The spare parts are available in china and are cheap on taobao, you have to use a forwarding agent. If anyone needs the details I can share.

1 Like

I had read in this topic so many people who has change the flight controller from the Xiake 800 with a Speedbee or Maytek or others. But my knowledge how to setup these fc is so low, i did not dare to replace. Thats why i hoped with the upgrade fc only replacing and fly again. But i was so wrong. Sinds i have these 2 Xiake 800 from november 2022 until now i had so many crashes, also later with the ugrade fc. And invested so much money to repair averything. Thats is why i litlle bit disappointed in this plane. Now i purchased the Fimi Manta Vtol. Hopefully this is a better plane.

I struggled with handling the original flight controller, so I replaced it with the Speedbee f405 v3 FC, and I am currently conducting hovering tests in QSTAB/QLOIT mode. During these tests, when the aircraft is exposed to disturbances (occasionally gusts of wind at 3-4 m/s), it becomes difficult to maintain attitude/location, and it seems like it’s about to flip, making control difficult. I cannot proceed to QAUTOTUNE. This issue also occurs when rapidly decelerating by quickly moving the sticks to neutral from a forward pitch/roll input, resulting in a similarly unstable state or a crash. Before this issue arose, there was severe pitch/roll oscillation, which was alleviated by setting P/I values to 0.1. However, since then, the problem mentioned above has emerged. I’m concerned that this issue might cause the aircraft to lose balance and crash when transitioning from horizontal flight to Q mode.

Additionally, I’ve noticed that the FC temperature becomes very high during flight, but I’m not sure if this is causing any problems.

To resolve this issue, I’m seeking support from the wisdom of this community. Thank you. Here is the link to the BIN file: