Joystick Integration with Mission planner

Could you please delete all Mission Planner.log* files from c:\ProgramData\Mission Planner directory then run Mission Planner, go to joystick panel select HoTTAs, and do an auto detect on the trottle. Take care not to move the stick. Then send Mission Planner.log* files alongside with the Documents\Mission Planner\config.xml file for checking…

Here is the link to all the files.
Sorry for the late reply.

Google drive link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uxSlvMNbC-8LxsOm3wLliqd7tHebE27A

Mp logs needed from the C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner directory…

Yes I gave it from there only.

There should be .log files…not tlog and rlog
ProgramData is usually a hidden directory

I think its this.
But i dont know why the dates have changed!
1 01-Jan-80 5-30-00 AM.bin.log (55.9 KB)

still nope, check the hidden directory in c:\ it called ProgramData
There is a Mission Planner dir in it, you find gmapcache and srtm directories there. I need the log from this directory.

I hope its this.

Yes, this is the one. Now all yo have to do is to delete all Mission Planner.log* files from c:\ProgramData\Mission Planner directory then run Mission Planner, go to joystick panel select HoTTAs, and do an auto detect on the throttle. Take care not to move the stick. Then send Mission Planner.log* files

I have got 2 files. I am attaching both of them.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15SMUS8NlleHtidtk-ePeuLjypX-4Dpgw

Well, it seems that axes are recognized by Mission Planner, but no movement is registered (I assume you moved the throttle).
To make sure that it is not some third party software or windows issue, could you try it on an other windows machine ? (A fresh install is preferred, but not necessarily). Also you don’t have to connect a copter, Joystick settings should work while disconnected.

I made sure that the sticks were not moved. I in fact got the same error message telling, no movement registered.
I have tried it in a different system with the latest version of the Mission planner. But stil no luck.

Oh nice, thanks for letting me know that joystick should work even without connecting a plane or copter.

Is there any way that I get this Hotas 4 up and running?

If it was a system issue the joystick should not have worked even in T_Flight Hotas control panel properties right? Its working there but not in mission planner.

Till now I have tried in 3 different systems including this one but none of them worked.

I’ll compile a small test program with the same libraries that Mission Planner is using to make check easier. Will send it this evening.

1 Like

Sure I will wait for it. Thanks.

SharpDX-joysticktest.zip (372.5 KB)
Had a little spare time during morning cofee. This is a small console app, which uses the exact same SharpDX library version that MissionPlanner is using. It look for the first joystick and display changes of any axis. If you can see movement on all neccessary axes, then the problem is related to Mission Planner, if it does not see some axes then it is windows/driver related.

Thank you for sending it this early.

I am attaching a screenshot for what is detected by throttle movement.
But even in this application yaw is not detected at all.
So as you predicted it might be an issue with the system itself.

I tried to install the necessary drivers from the Thrust Master -Technical support website and then went to mission planner to check if that works. But its even worse now. After installing the drivers on my system the Mission planner does not detect the joystick at all and also a I get a yellow light on PS button in the joystick. I uninstalled the drivers from thrust master, Mission planner detects it and now, I get red light on PS button roll(x axis) and pitch(Y axis) works fine but the throttle (Z axis) and Yaw (Rz axis) is not detected.!
Screenshot (124)|690x388

The only thing that come into my mind, that somehow your Hotas is stuck in Console mode, I read some reports that this produces the same symptoms.
If this is not the case then I’m baffled. (However there are numerous reports of not working throttle and yaw with Hotas 4… )

Yeah even I have read about the Hotas 4 having this problem. But I could not find a suitable solution for mine to work on mission planner.
If in case its in console mode? What is it?
And how do I come out of that and get this working?

Well, unfortunately I don’t have a Hotas4, but on My Hotas X there is a switch on the back. Check the manual of your joy…